Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with Orchard card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do with Orchard card?

I have a secured Orchard Bank card from HSBC with a $300 limit.  It was opened in 7/2009 so just turned a year old.  I got a preapproval for Discover More and decided to app for it, and was approved with a credit limit of $2k.

My question is:  what should I do with my Orchard card?  I never use it... should I just leave it open?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with Orchard card?

My Orchard Bank card had an AF, so I closed it as soon as I had rebuilt enough to get a card without an AF.

If yours has an AF, I would close it before you pay the fee again.  Just my opinion.

Congrats on your Discover More!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response!  I just checked online and sure enough, got hit with an annual fee.  I just closed that card. 

I'm excited to get the Discover More!  It's my first non-rebuilder card in years!!

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

i agree with beammeup.  i'm going to close mine shortly, the annual fee is coming due in november.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

i agree with beammeup.  i'm going to close mine shortly, the annual fee is coming due in november.

Just FYI - I caught mine after the annual fee was applied, but before the due date.  I had no balance and the fee was removed when the account was closed.  I did that over the phone.  If you have a balance you can still have the fee waived if you pay it off within thirty days, I think... just FYI if they try to stick you with a fee.

Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

thanks for that info.  i never even activated the card they last sent me; if they want to be stingy with their CLI, i will be cheap with my spending Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.