Regular Contributor
helplessintn

What to do with Orchard card?

I have a secured Orchard Bank card from HSBC with a $300 limit.  It was opened in 7/2009 so just turned a year old.  I got a preapproval for Discover More and decided to app for it, and was approved with a credit limit of $2k.

My question is:  what should I do with my Orchard card?  I never use it... should I just leave it open?

Thanks in advance!

EQ: 686
TU: 694
EX: ???
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: What to do with Orchard card?

My Orchard Bank card had an AF, so I closed it as soon as I had rebuilt enough to get a card without an AF.

If yours has an AF, I would close it before you pay the fee again.  Just my opinion.

Congrats on your Discover More!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Regular Contributor
helplessintn

Thanks for the response!  I just checked online and sure enough, got hit with an annual fee.  I just closed that card. 

I'm excited to get the Discover More!  It's my first non-rebuilder card in years!!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

i agree with beammeup.  i'm going to close mine shortly, the annual fee is coming due in november.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Regular Contributor
helplessintn

laz98 wrote:

i agree with beammeup.  i'm going to close mine shortly, the annual fee is coming due in november.

Just FYI - I caught mine after the annual fee was applied, but before the due date.  I had no balance and the fee was removed when the account was closed.  I did that over the phone.  If you have a balance you can still have the fee waived if you pay it off within thirty days, I think... just FYI if they try to stick you with a fee.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

thanks for that info.  i never even activated the card they last sent me; if they want to be stingy with their CLI, i will be cheap with my spending :smileyvery-happy:

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+