cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with SD/obsolete cards?

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: card issuer treated meRe: What to do with SD/obsolete cards?

thank you guys for the advice. i think the best course of action for me is to keep them open another year and then close it. i can transfer the amazon line to my freedom, so no utilization issues there. as far as my cap1, im hoping i get 4k in CLI's on my AMEX or barclays (both SP i hope). the AMEX would be my 2nd 3x request and im hoping barclays will auto CLI me at the 6th statement as some have reported. if either one or both are successful, i will close the cap1 accordingly so no utilization is hurt. furthermore, my aaoa wont take as big a hit due to my open accounts being a year older!

lets hope it pans out...

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 11 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do with SD/obsolete cards?

As has been mentioned, your AAoA won't take a hit anytime soon. It will be affected in about 10 years from the closing date, but probably won't make much of a difference in 10 years anyway if you are picking up new accounts along those 10 years.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 13
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: What to do with SD/obsolete cards?

i don't really plan to open many other accounts. My ultimate goal as of right now is to have 4 or 5 cards and 100k in credit. Then I'd probably garden and only step out for installment loans or mortgages.. of course, along the way there will be opening new cards and moving of credit lines to cards that better suit me until i reach that..

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.