Established Contributor
Ulan

Re: What to do with an old store card?

That's some cool development :smileyhappy:. Congrats!
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

Wow....I "had" one for years, had tossed the card but it still reported.  If only I had known!  I'd have a 15-ish yo TL.  *sigh*

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Senior Contributor
score_building

Nice work!!!!! :smileyhappy:
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor
Kiwill

I opened my JCPenny card in 2009 with only a $150 limit and they wouldn't give me a CLI until i've had the card a few months and made use of it.  Anyway, after reading posts here, I had the card closed and had myself added as an AU on my husband's JCPenny card and it instantly gave me a 29 YEAR Tradeline!!!  Before then my oldest account was 11 years, so by the end of this year, my AAoA will be right up there with the high achievers, 6 years.  It's still low considering my oldest reporting account but only because I went on an app spree in 2009 and have a lot of recently opened accounts. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Senior Contributor
score_building

BungalowMo wrote:
Wow....I "had" one for years, had tossed the card but it still reported.  If only I had known!  I'd have a 15-ish yo TL.  *sigh*

MO- why not call and see if they still have your acct open/ info and go ahead and request a new card if so!

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

hmm My wife has had a jc penney card on her report for almost 12 yrs now that up until last year she had forgot about. Reports as open . By reading this thread i am gathering . jc penney reports AU's?

If so this might be good for my AAOA!!.. So if anyone knows by experience about AU and jc penney  .. please let me know 

thank you!

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

FWIW, for those who have a surprise account still reporting as open, when they thought it was long dead, the tactic is to call to say that the magnetic strip doesn't work/ the dog chewed it up/ you can't read the numbers any more, and can they please send you a new one? Don't know about the dog part, but if you have no clue where the card is, it is technically true that the magnetic strip isn't working (because you can't swipe the card) and that you can't read the numbers (because you can't see the card.)

Don't ask if the account is still open (let them give you the bad news if it's closed), and don't say that you lost the card. Just say that you need a replacement. The aliens took it when they last took you on the Mother Ship and probed you.

* looks around and whistles *

:smileyhappy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+