Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with citi executive card

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do with citi executive card

If ut doesn't have an af I would just keep it open and sock drawer it
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darkfrosty wrote:
I got in on the 100k mile offer and my annual fee is due in a few months. I no longer want this card and it is my only citi card. Should I just close it or pc it to something else?

P/c as had been suggested cast an eye to the Citi Double Cash ... seems to be the most in sync with the rewards arena today!

Message 12 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@darkfrosty wrote:
i also have an amex blue .. with a 15k CL and a everyday preferred .. i want to close the blue but i am waiting to transfer the CL from the blue to the preferred ...

why don't you close decrease your CLs .. i have a discover as well that i will close soon and that is a 10k CL

Ok if that's your only Citi account then I agree with PC to Double-Cash. 

A lot of people (myself included) are skirting the internal limit with Citi, but go for numerous American Airlines or Hilton cards throughout any given year.  It isn't always an option with Citi to reallocate limits for approval and their internal systems are very slow in releasing available credit (up to 6 months), so that's why it always comes to mind when someone asks this question about Citi cards.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@darkfrosty wrote:
i also have an amex blue .. with a 15k CL and a everyday preferred .. i want to close the blue but i am waiting to transfer the CL from the blue to the preferred ...

why don't you close decrease your CLs .. i have a discover as well that i will close soon and that is a 10k CL

Ok if that's your only Citi account then I agree with PC to Double-Cash. 

A lot of people (myself included) are skirting the internal limit with Citi, but go for numerous American Airlines or Hilton cards throughout any given year.  It isn't always an option with Citi to reallocate limits for approval and their internal systems are very slow in releasing available credit (up to 6 months), so that's why it always comes to mind when someone asks this question about Citi cards.

Let's ignore inquiries for a minute. Do you think I have a shot at the Executive AA?

Message 14 of 22
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Is there a citi aa card that doesn't have an annual fee?
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 15 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Darkfrosty,

No there is not. There is the AAdvantage Gold that is $50/yr.

Nixon,

I dont think the Executive is all that different from getting another Citi card. I kind of think its easier because of the AF.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the Minimum SL?
Message 17 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I think its 3k, dont quote me on that. I probably wouldn't do it for 50k miles though. Hopefully a 75k or even 100k comes back.
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have way too many EX Inquiries for them anytime soon anyway. Ill wait for a 100k offer.
Message 19 of 22
rlx01
Established Contributor

I'm in the same boat. This card is pretty much useless outside the signup bonus.

I may PC it to DC. Doesn't make sense to PC to any of the TY cards due to missing signup bonus.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.