Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with my BofA 1-2-3 card?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What to do with my BofA 1-2-3 card?

@icyhot wrote:
I already decided that I'll just SD the card for the CL and no AF and let it close when it wants and move my banking elsewhere

Ok that's always an option but in making this decision didn't you also get a great CLI today on a BofA card? So would you agree that just perhaps you're making a snap decision out of a situation/frustration caused by your sister and worth sleeping on it?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yes. I agree with KDM and SDing it and seeing how o feel later. However the ease and convenience of being a banking customer is gone
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted

Message 23 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

Well, if you really want to "get even" with them, I'd do the following:

1.  Request paper statements.

2.  Product Change to Balance Rewards (if possible), and make a $0.50 charge monthly for the $25 quarterly bonus.

3.  Call them once per day and ask random questions.

Either way, BofA won't really care, but this may make you feel a little better and put more money in your pocket!

Message 24 of 30
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

2.  Product Change to Balance Rewards (if possible), and make a $0.50 charge monthly for the $25 quarterly bonus.

Either way, BofA won't really care, but this may make you feel a little better and put more money in your pocket!

Well, as long as we're going to handle this as mature adults! Smiley Very Happy

I second getting a BBR -- it's free money but you might want to charge at least $5-10 since I've heard of people getting zero'd out by BoA for charges under $5 at times (you need a balance/statement to post/cut). Take the money and run! 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted

Message 26 of 30
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I hear you can't PC to the BBR but they've always let me consolidate or open a new card by moving limits
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

This is the most hilarious post I have read all day. It would be fun to try this, too Smiley Happy)

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a lot of valuable information in this thread. I feel for you OP. Sometimes it's difficult to break financial ties with family members. My DH and I had a similar problem.  You have some difficult decisions to make. Best of luck to you.

Message 29 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Honestly, I've had nothing but issues anytime I have used Bank of America (major issues with a CD with them before), so I don't blame OP with being upset with them (even though this particular case really wasn't their fault). IMO, unless one has a lot of assets with them and can get the Preferred Rewards, none of BOA's cards are worth getting excited about, so no sleep lost if you didn't have it anymore.

I will say though in the past I have closed a card on impulse and later regretted it, so I think OP throwing it in the drawer for now is the best bet. It's not harming them to just keep it open awhile. I had the 123 card a couple years ago, didn't keep it too long as the rewards aren't exciting for my spend but that's a personal thing.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.