cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with the pre qual deny from FirstNational?

tag
quarius
Regular Contributor

What to do with the pre qual deny from FirstNational?

I have read that there have been zero cases of getting denied when u get the pre approval letter from First National Bank Omaha. So what gives? I applied and just got denied from them. My scores are all high? Anyone have the exec # or some advice here? I did recently go on a spree but it seems they sent me the letter for pre approval after so they know my score.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What to do with the pre qual deny from FirstNational?

Do you have links to the sources that make that claim?  Offers are never a guarantee.  Creditor's don't necessarily rely on just scores.  You'd really need to provide a lot more information if you want feedback.  What are your scores?  Number of inquiries and the age of each?  Utilization?

Message 2 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Do you have links to the sources that make that claim?  Offers are never a guarantee.  Creditor's don't necessarily rely on just scores.  You'd really need to provide a lot more information if you want feedback.  What are your scores?  Number of inquiries and the age of each?  Utilization?

Everything score wise is in my signature. I have read it here when i did a search. That would mean i would have to sift through the threads again but take my word that this company has yet to deny someone from what i read when they get the preapproval from them. They don't just send these pre quals to anyone, they send it to people that they know they will approve. 

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@quarius wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

Everything score wise is in my signature. I have read it here when i did a search. That would mean i would have to sift through the threads again but take my word that this company has yet to deny someone from what i read when they get the preapproval from them. They don't just send these pre quals to anyone, they send it to people that they know they will approve. 

Is this FNBO your talking about?  I see my answer after review and your right we don't see denials this is the first I've seen from the pre-approvals 

866-348-3382 its the only number I have worth a shot 

Good Luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@takeshi74 wrote:

+1.  They're also not known for being easy credit.

OP, it wouldn't hurt to recon.  If that's not successful, just go over their denial letter, see what they had an issue with, and address it, if possible.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

+1.  They're also not known for being easy credit.

OP, it wouldn't hurt to recon.  If that's not successful, just go over their denial letter, see what they had an issue with, and address it, if possible.   

Umm they said something about my risk score wasn't high enough when i called the customer service #. 

Message 6 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@quarius wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

Is this FNBO your talking about?  I see my answer after review and your right we don't see denials this is the first I've seen from the pre-approvals 

866-348-3382 its the only number I have worth a shot 

Good Luck

Thanks I will call them now. Yeah i figured it was a definate approval thats why I applied, i just went into the garden this month so i figured it wouldn't hurt for a LOCK!!!

Message 7 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Might not like those big lines you already have, they are known for being conservative.

Message 8 of 13
quarius
Regular Contributor

No luck on the backdoor # they said my pre approval is no longer pre approved but i only got the letter 2 days ago, and they said my risk factor score is too low? It is all good now im in the garden for sure.

Message 9 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@quarius wrote:

No luck on the backdoor # they said my pre approval is no longer pre approved but i only got the letter 2 days ago, and they said my risk factor score is too low? It is all good now im in the garden for sure.

When was your last spree and were any EX pulls?

Also sorry for the denial

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.