Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do...

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What to do...

@gohoosiers05 wrote:

Can you read much into app success from  the pre-approval offers? 

NO 50/50 chance

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 14
n777ua
Established Contributor

I think you're WAY too concerned about the inq's here.  If you already had 10...sure it would be a problem.  But you have 1, on one CR I assume.  So its entirely possible your first app will show zero inq's depending on the CA pulled.  And your util is high, but I suspect having a $700 balance on a $2000 CL is different vs say, a $7000 balance on a $20000 CL when manually reviewed.  Just my $.02.

Oh, and don't app here and there over a few days, if you're going to do it, get all your ducks in a row and app on the same day.  There are countless threads on how to do this on other sites (and probably buried here somewhere)

Also, an Amex revolver can be hard to get, but after a couple of years they are extremely generous with the CL's (just to get you thinking longer term)...

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Who did you get pre-approved for and what is the offer??

I'm kind of getting irritated with how everyone turns their nose up on these pre-approvals... I understand much confusion and some sly moveds by some of the banks in pre-approved vs. suggested or type wording and not getting approved but many of these sites when you are getting TRUE pre-approvals not the suggestions like capital one does or the regular every day like Bank of America, Discover has a true pre-approval (you just don't see it often) and both citi and chase and the amex offer from creditcards.com were instant for my partner online.

Message 13 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SRAGS wrote:
Bring down UTI to below 25 %... and app for discover. if you are not approved call back door number. Thanks.

Bring your util. down to below 15% then do your spree. Your going to get low ball approvals right now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.