Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect and what to apply for

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: What to expect and what to apply for

austintex wrote:

Sorry, by created an account I meant signed up for Alliant CU and Skybranch.

These are the only two options that show up for me under additional features:

ATM Locator

Instructions for initiating electronic transactions.

I am wondering if maybe I need a credit product with them to use the service - I just have savings and checking.  I think I will give CS a call this week or next.

Thanks ocheosa Smiley Happy

You're welcome.  You cannot link the cc to checking for overdraft (only savinags acct) so I doubt this has anything to do with having one of their credit products. Others who know more about Alliant will hopefully comment. I do have a cc with them, but its basically dormant (used it once since I got it).

Give CS a call when you can, maybe a 30day new account period or something. I opened my accounts (checking & savings) last September. Happened upon the edeposit feature by mistake while clicking on all the little links just this past May.

Have a great day!

Message Edited by ocheosa on 06-16-2009 11:38 AM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 41 of 53
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if maybe I need a credit product with them to use the service - I just have savings and checking.  I think I will give CS a call this week or next.

Thanks ocheosa Smiley Happy

When I signed up it was only for the savings acct.  The CSR voluntarily told me about the edeposit feature but I have never used it.  I just checked my account and it is available with a $1,500/day limit.

I suggest that you call and request that this feature be activated.

Hope this helps

Hi Itsmeagain, Thanks for the confirmation!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
Message 42 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, I called in this morning.  The verdict is that my account has to age 30 days before I can use that feature.

After the 30 days, it SHOULD show up Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 53
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, I called in this morning.  The verdict is that my account has to age 30 days before I can use that feature.

After the 30 days, it SHOULD show up Smiley Happy

You are going to love this feature, it's so convenient!

Message 44 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

Enrollment Completed! Your available eDeposit limit is: $1,500.00

Ok, I waited a month.  Neat. Signed up for Edeposit, and now the edeposit plus option is available.  My question now is this: How do I find out the limit for instantly available edeposit plus money? Or is the same as my e-deposit limit?

Message 45 of 53
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

Enrollment Completed! Your available eDeposit limit is: $1,500.00

Ok, I waited a month.  Neat. Signed up for Edeposit, and now the edeposit plus option is available.  My question now is this: How do I find out the limit for instantly available edeposit plus money? Or is the same as my e-deposit limit?

Great!!!

The answer to your question is Its the same - you can deposit up to 1,500 and it will be available immediately. The difference is when using edeposit plus the check is scanned in and you file the check. With edeposit there is a page where you enter the amounts and then mail in the checks in a green envelope. I'm guessing the edeposit option is for those who do not have a scanner. Otherwise why would you use it.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 07-06-2009 07:20 PM
Message 46 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ocheosa -

Thanks for another quick, concise reply Smiley Happy

EDIT: Wanted to add that even when I deposit a physical check at Wells Fargo, I don't get access to that cash for at least a day or 2. No wonder people love Alliant so much.

Message Edited by austintex on 07-07-2009 07:37 AM
Message 47 of 53
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ocheosa -

Thanks for another quick, concise reply Smiley Happy

EDIT: Wanted to add that even when I deposit a physical check at Wells Fargo, I don't get access to that cash for at least a day or 2. No wonder people love Alliant so much.

Message Edited by austintex on 07-07-2009 07:37 AM

I use a local CU for my primary banking. They will release $100 of the deposit then you wait for normal clearance for the remaining funds. Problem is with some out of state checks it can take up to 5 bus days. I am happy with them as well (old school customer service), but now I share the love!

I have both banks linked so I can transfer funds between them. Set up through Alliants "transfer other institutions" link. My direct deposit and large checks get deposited into my local CU and I then transfer (auto) funds to Alliant. Its actually very convenient.

Message 48 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

keninmiami,

My DH apped with Alliant with an EQ of 802 or 805.  His only other card was an Orchard with a $500 CL.  He was approvied for a $10,000 Visa.  Hope that helps.

Also, our local CU (and one we've worked with for several years - savings, checking, auto loan) will not issue a Visa for an additional 12 months.

One key difference is that Alliant CU pulls EQ, and our local CU pulls EX - which doesn't look nearly as lovely.

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-07-2009 04:26 PM
Message 49 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utah, when I started this thread I was trying to establish some new accounts and then put my kids on as AU's so I wanted to learn what not to do first and I can tell you some things that have not been discussed here! This was OK for me as ten years ago I canceled all of my credit cards with a huge limit because I was not informed on the credit world! Then I got use to paying for everything with debit cards so now I am just switching purchases from debit cards to CC for my entire family.

After reading and reading I learned that when you are going to open some new accounts go for the prime ones first and I did, starting with Alliant and was online approved for everything with an 806 EQ (I could not find the 25k auto loan in my online account or I would have used some of it for a vehicle for my daughter that I am going to buy anyway.

That was a great sight and since this is the time of day when I do my reading I went on and then got AMEX instant and chose from three the one that reports a limit ( I read do not get a AMEX with no limit or it hurts score) I do not know enough about it to comment so I just got the one I will use the Hilton. (they give an additional year warranty on anything you buy) then I applied for and got a Cit Plat, and a long list of good cards and added 3 store cards my kids wanted for coupons Maceys, Bloomingdales and Best Buy store card and used all of them and have already pif.

I did have some depressing rejections all of which I found I could not get (hooters TU rec inq), Jareds, and Kay's approved online for 5k each got the approval but no card so when I called they stated I had anonymous call rejection activated on my phone that rejected there verification calls so they wanted me to go to store and supply dl. Sorry no time for that. One of the major banks I applied for stated out of service area, Chase stated recent inquiry no go.

But I added nine new accounts over a five week period. My scores took a big hit for the new accounts showing up (only about half showing as of now) and the inquiries  806 is now 749 and I think in 3 months I will gain 15 or more points. With my limited experience I would say make sure you know where the "pull" will be done because after all my reading only half of the pulls for me were in the CRA's showing in the forums on the internet. My EX dropped 36 points and my TU yikes dropped 68 points! But now I am hooked on reading this every night and preach credit scores where ever the kids are and AU's. I do believe AU's help kids and maybe everyone as part of the picture. Best thing I have learned in the last 3 months is one name no variations, one address that phone bill corresponds to and make your report as simple as possible with no call block of anonymous caller on your phone. It seems many online applications call the numbers and if call is blocked the file just sits there. Make it easy for the company you are applying to check you out then it is a simple online application and you are prequalified simple as that. That is of course with the other factors in place. Basic good sound file!

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.