Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect and what to apply for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to expect and what to apply for

Well, the current APY's are 2.25% for savings and 2% for checking, but that's still good.

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't realize how much $ I was losing out on keeping my savings at wells fargo with a .15% interest rate.

I guess that Wells Fargo learned to hate the name "Alliant". My funds took exactly the same direction.

Message 31 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you Austin! Did you take a look at their checking account while you were on the Alliant site?

It really has not been hard to access my Alliant accounts or to transfer money over into it.

There are also over 80,000 surcharge free ATMs across the country that you can use for deposits or withdrawals.

Thanks V-

Yes, that is my next step.  It turns out there are about 10 ATM's in my zip code....4 of them are on the street next to me, one is at a place I used to work, haha.  I also was reading the other day that you can literally SCAN in checks from your PC....and they put the cash in your account instantly (up to a limit, of course)

EDIT: turns out that it may NOT be instantly available

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, the current APY's are 2.25% for savings and 2% for checking, but that's still good.I guess that Wells Fargo learned to hate the name "Alliant". My funds took exactly the same direction.

Yes, but that is way better than any other reputable bank.  I was looking at bankrate.com and Alliant isn't even on there - must be because they are a CU.  Once the economy picks back up, I assume Alliant's rates will go back up.  Wells Fargo has had good CS (for me) at least, but I think I'll be leaving only a minimum of funds in that checking and savings account.  The CC, of course, I will keep open. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by austintex on 06-10-2009 06:11 AM
Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right Austin, they may very well go back up. Just a couple of months ago the interest on savings was at 3%.

Also, if you read the Alliant thread here, Ocheosa and Under were explaining to me how to scan in your checks for deposit.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 06-10-2009 06:28 AM
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 06-10-2009 06:49 PM
Message 33 of 53
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you Austin! Did you take a look at their checking account while you were on the Alliant site?

It really has not been hard to access my Alliant accounts or to transfer money over into it.

There are also over 80,000 surcharge free ATMs across the country that you can use for deposits or withdrawals.

Thanks V-

Yes, that is my next step.  It turns out there are about 10 ATM's in my zip code....4 of them are on the street next to me, one is at a place I used to work, haha.  I also was reading the other day that you can literally SCAN in checks from your PC....and they put the cash in your account instantly (up to a limit, of course)

EDIT: turns out that it may NOT be instantly available

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, the current APY's are 2.25% for savings and 2% for checking, but that's still good.I guess that Wells Fargo learned to hate the name "Alliant". My funds took exactly the same direction.

Yes, but that is way better than any other reputable bank.  I was looking at bankrate.com and Alliant isn't even on there - must be because they are a CU.  Once the economy picks back up, I assume Alliant's rates will go back up.  Wells Fargo has had good CS (for me) at least, but I think I'll be leaving only a minimum of funds in that checking and savings account.  The CC, of course, I will keep open. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by austintex on 06-10-2009 06:11 AM

Hello Veenvegas & Austintex: I just updated the link referenced. It seems whether or not you have immediate access to funds is decided internally somehow. I have instant access to edeposit/plus (up to a limit). So when you enroll take note of your confirmation screen, it will show if you have an immediate available limit or not.  

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 34 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just created an account, and I don't have a link for edposit plus showing up under "additional services".  Do you have to be a member for a certain period of time before you can sign up for this feature?
Message 35 of 53
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just created an account, and I don't have a link for edposit plus showing up under "additional services".  Do you have to be a member for a certain period of time before you can sign up for this feature?

The edeposit feature is determined on an individual basis.  No time period is required but your credit score/report will determine the daily limit.  This was explained to me at the time of my enrollment.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know - so eligibility for edeposit plus AT ALL is based on CS.
Message 37 of 53
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi austintex. Not sure what you mean by created an account? You need to first enroll for edeposit.

Log into skybranch - look on the left hand side with all the options. Additional Features is the fourth option up from the bottom. When you click on this link there should be the following options listed:

ATM Locator

Enroll in edeposit

Instructions for initiating electronic transactions.

Click on enroll in edeposit.

Here are the instructions:

https://www.skybranch.com/EducationCenter/Reference/Quick_Ref_Card_eDeposit.pdf

If you don't have the option to enroll, give customer service a call.

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 38 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi austintex. Not sure what you mean by created an account? You need to first enroll for edeposit.

Log into skybranch - look on the left hand side with all the options. Additional Features is the fourth option up from the bottom. When you click on this link there should be the following options listed:

ATM Locator

Enroll in edeposit

Click on enroll in edeposit.

Here are the instructions:

https://www.skybranch.com/EducationCenter/Reference/Quick_Ref_Card_eDeposit.pdf

If you don't have the option to enroll, give customer service a call.

Sorry, by created an account I meant signed up for Alliant CU and Skybranch.

These are the only two options that show up for me under additional features:

ATM Locator

I am wondering if maybe I need a credit product with them to use the service - I just have savings and checking.  I think I will give CS a call this week or next.

Thanks ocheosa Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 53
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if maybe I need a credit product with them to use the service - I just have savings and checking.  I think I will give CS a call this week or next.

Thanks ocheosa Smiley Happy

When I signed up it was only for the savings acct.  The CSR voluntarily told me about the edeposit feature but I have never used it.  I just checked my account and it is available with a $1,500/day limit.

I suggest that you call and request that this feature be activated.

Hope this helps

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.