Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to go for next?

tag
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

What to go for next?

After rebuilding a while, my last collection has finally been removed from EQ and EX and all that is left are lates on student loans from 4 years ago on all reports, so I was thinking about what to apply for, for a little app spree soon, maybe in May or June. I currently have about $34,000 in credit available, 22% util, and about 4 years AAoA, with my highest being a $12k Wells Fargo and Amex PRG NPSL. My scores are TU 699 (4/14, still showing one collection), 671 (DCU EQ), and 685 (PSECU, prior to collection falling off, which will probably raise my score a little I'd imagine.) 

My newest accounts are a DCU visa from 2/2014 and an auto lease from 1/2014, and then in 11/2013, I opened 2 USAA cards, AMEX, and a banana card. 

What I would really like to get is a personal line of credit (I have tried with Wells but was denied every time because of the collections), convert the Wells card (6K balance on a 6 mo. 0% offer which I'll be paying down soon) to a signature card and get away from the 24.99% it has, AMEX True Earning (I shop at costco a lot), possibly Total Rewards for Vegas trips, a 0% card for a balance transfer card and 12-15 mo. offer, and a VISA/MC with no forex for travel and a j crew card.

I forgot to mention, I'd also like to maybe throw a business card in there, I have a business account with Wells but I was thinking maybe try for Chase? 

I was denied for penfed for pyramiding this month and PSECU in Feb. for their combo, but I was thinking about trying them again, now that my report is cleaner.

I appreicate any feed back on where to move forward on building. This is the last bit of credit I feel that I want/need to apply for for a while, until a mortgage in a couple years. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What to go for next?

In Order:

1. Chase Slate

2. Chase Ink

3. Costco Amex

4. Total Rewards hopefully via shopping cart trick

5. Jcrew for sure by shopping cart trick

6. Maybe Chase CSP would be better then doing the Slate... depends if you want the 0% and no BT fee more than no forex travel card... you could do Discover or Citi for a 0% card if you don't mind paying the 3% transfer fee and then I would say apply to CSP first and maybe add this BT card of choice in line as 3rd.

Message 2 of 4
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

I'm going to avoid citi, and I don't see much of a need for discover. I have been looking at chase's cards. I also have a $500 CU secured card I want to make unsecured that I have had almost a year and a cap1 secured $300 limit that I want to probably close or see it they will change it.
Message 3 of 4
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

Any recommendations for a CU that offers a LOC, as it seems like a beneficial thing to have access to? I like the psecu combo, I'm just not sure if I'll get approved.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.