Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to make out of this BofA mail?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to make out of this BofA mail?

All,

Got the below in email today. Context is that I had opened a Checking and Savings account with direct deposit (was a strategy to limit my spending on my only checking FCU account). It's been 3 months now and with some sizeable amount in saving and checking account in BofA, I get the below message:

Take a closer look at your credit card offers 

With so many credit card offers out there, it can be overwhelming to find the right one. Don't worry — we've done the work for you.

Check for customized offers today.
  • Get a decision in as little as 60 seconds

• Safe, easy and secure process

No specific Card or APR mention scares me, which is typical of BofA. Not that I'm longing for a BofA card...should I waste a HP on it?

Thanks in advance...

2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: What to make out of this BofA mail?

It's nothing but marketing unless you see a set APR. Otherwise, you can feel free to apply, but it's no different than anyone else applying. You aren't preapproved or anything.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to make out of this BofA mail?

@kdm31091 wrote:

It's nothing but marketing unless you see a set APR. Otherwise, you can feel free to apply, but it's no different than anyone else applying. You aren't preapproved or anything.

'thought so....passing it till I get a specific card with a specific APR (and that too in sub 17%)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.