cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

tag
reereetx
Contributor

What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

I was thinking of calling Orchard's backdoor number that was listed in the sticky at the top of the forum page to see about getting a CLI.  I have made on time payments for a year now....and even before then I only was late maybe 1 or 2 days thus imposing a late fee, but nothing as far as 30 day lates or anything.  As of last week...my EQ score was 612; EX was 542; and TU was 576.  Has anyone tried this with Orchard before?  I'm just looking for some type of verbage to hopefully increase my limit.  Thanks in advance!  I should be able to pay down a big part of my credit card debt at the end of this month.  I have 2 credit cards: Credit One Bank (just gave me a CLI of $75 without me even asking); and then my HSBC/Orchard card.  Between the 2, I owe about $500.  Any chance Orchard might give me some sort of CLI even though my balance is pretty high right now?  Should I just wait and PIF the end of this month and then wait and see if they increase on their own? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Red22
Contributor

Re: What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

I would go ahead and PIF the HSBC/Orchard; and once they report zero balances to all 3 CRA, I would then call and ask for the CLI.
Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 2 of 3
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

I would wait- When you pay the cards down your Utilization is lower and your scores will increase. If you ask for an increase while you have a high balance- it makes you look like you are desperate.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.