New Contributor
reereetx

What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

I was thinking of calling Orchard's backdoor number that was listed in the sticky at the top of the forum page to see about getting a CLI.  I have made on time payments for a year now....and even before then I only was late maybe 1 or 2 days thus imposing a late fee, but nothing as far as 30 day lates or anything.  As of last week...my EQ score was 612; EX was 542; and TU was 576.  Has anyone tried this with Orchard before?  I'm just looking for some type of verbage to hopefully increase my limit.  Thanks in advance!  I should be able to pay down a big part of my credit card debt at the end of this month.  I have 2 credit cards: Credit One Bank (just gave me a CLI of $75 without me even asking); and then my HSBC/Orchard card.  Between the 2, I owe about $500.  Any chance Orchard might give me some sort of CLI even though my balance is pretty high right now?  Should I just wait and PIF the end of this month and then wait and see if they increase on their own? 
Contributor
Red22

Re: What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

I would go ahead and PIF the HSBC/Orchard; and once they report zero balances to all 3 CRA, I would then call and ask for the CLI.
Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Frequent Contributor
moondog7324

Re: What to "say" when calling a backdoor #?..........

I would wait- When you pay the cards down your Utilization is lower and your scores will increase. If you ask for an increase while you have a high balance- it makes you look like you are desperate.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}