Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What triggers an auto-CLI?

tag
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: What triggers an auto-CLI?

+1 on the Barclay, almost identical situation.
Message 11 of 15
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Let's see now

For Barclay I had heavy usage with the card for 6 months sometimes maxing it out but paying it down on the 7th statement it went from 5k To 10k

With Chase I called and they did a hard pull and tripled my limit. 6 months later after maxing it out and paying in full they doubled my limit.

HSBC actually did a CLD so I stopped using the card, 8 months later they gave me a 4X cli.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 12 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

in my experience:

Amazon Store (GE): Auto CLI after 4 months, charged $100/mo PIF

Citi Executive AAdvantage: Made $5k bonus spend, small monthly charges, paid in full a few times, partial statement balance a few times. Auto CLI at 6 months.

US Bank Cash+: Very minimal use (like $30-$100/mo), always PIF, auto CLI at 10 months.

It's really an urban legend that you need to use an entire limit and make multiple payments. Each lender is different.
Message 13 of 15
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

I'm my personal experience: I kept the card w/ a balance for a short time, then either paid in full or paid a big payment.
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 14 of 15
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Looking at some of the replies and, if that was what actually triggered the auto-CLI. it seems that we have to give a little to get a little.  if your watching utilization to maximize your scores, you have to give a little of that for a few statements to allow balances to post. In return, that might provide you with an auto-CLI. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.