cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of score is barclay looking for?

tag
praise123
Contributor

What type of score is barclay looking for?

I would like to get a ipad and laptop but i dont want to put them on the barclay card.  I just got an offer from citi so i am thinking about applying for their card but i would really like to have a barclay card.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: What type of score is barclay looking for?

Your post is confusing. Do you or do you not want the Barclay card?

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 2 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

People are too in love with credit score. Credit score is not everything. What's far more important is what's on your credit report.

If you must, a score of 680+ has higher chance to get approved with Barclays Visa.

Message 3 of 12
charlie29

Is not only the score when I applied for a barclays card I had TU 712 and Ex 687, They decline me because the number of inquiries. Make sure you don't have any inquiries  in the last 6 months.

Message 4 of 12
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

The barclay Apple financing credit card  imo isnt that great. It looks cool, thats the only thing it has going for it. The 0% is only good for purchases in the first 30 days. There are other credit cards out there that will give 0% apr for the first year look for one of those. Although this card isnt great im sure there are other cards that Barclays offer that are better with rewards or low APR. I enjoy being a member because they have been helpful and quick responding to questions and CLI.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@charlie29 wrote:

Is not only the score when I applied for a barclays card I had TU 712 and Ex 687, They decline me because the number of inquiries. Make sure you don't have any inquiries  in the last 6 months.

Barclay COMPUTERS that auto decision these apps is stupid!  You have to call backdoor number and have it reviewed... they are sensitive but not THAT sensitive... Think I had 4 or so on TU at time, but within the next 6 months I had at least 15 go on... My Barlcay card is still open.

I did have to call to recon the app back when I got it.

Message 6 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 7 of 12
Jlu
Established Contributor

They want 620+ TU (that's what they pull) and they want at least 1 year of positive revolving credit history with no previous BK or recent derogs.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

They want 620+ TU (that's what they pull) and they want at least 1 year of positive revolving credit history with no previous BK or recent derogs.

they don't care about BK but they do want at least 1 year but I think 2 year of no derogs and not a lot of outstanding debt.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlu wrote:

Do you know how far back that they look for those things? My BK was discharged in Jan of '10. I believe that was one of the reasons that they declined me earlier this year. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.