cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What unsecured card should I apply for?

tag
Cherokee_X

What unsecured card should I apply for?

ive been rebuilding my credit and trying to figure out what card I should apply for and when.

EQ- 4 neg accounts, 645-myfico

EX-17 neg accounts

TU- 13 neg accounts

most are 6+ yrs old.

EQ 692 EX Fako 635 TU-VT 787
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: What unsecured card should I apply for?

@Cherokee_X wrote:

ive been rebuilding my credit and trying to figure out what card I should apply for and when.

EQ- 4 neg accounts, 645-myfico

EX-17 neg accounts

TU- 13 neg accounts

most are 6+ yrs old.

If you want to go secured route I think boa is an nice one to start with since most people have been successful in having it graduate to an 3-2-1 card. Also theres the discover secured card which is pretty nice as well. From what i understand its pretty much the same as discover IT except its secured. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 16
Cherokee_X

i already did the secured route, last october i got a first premier and cap one, then opensky month later, then in 3/1 i did us bank, mrrick bank and fingerhut, and now i just got approved for a comenity store card, so im starting to get approved for unsecured cards, just wondering about what mc or visa to go after, if not capital one, since ive had an account with them for 7-8 months?

Message 3 of 16
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

any credit unions near you? how long since last baddie?

Message 4 of 16
Cherokee_X

yeah but im in chexsystems, most of the negs are 6+ yrs old but i have one CA 18 months old showing upp on ex and tu everything else is 6+ yrs old

Message 5 of 16
Cherokee_X

i only got 4 negs on eq, all 6+ which is what i used to apply for comenity, maybe i should do that again? apply for someone who only pulls eq?

Message 6 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Cherokee_X wrote:

i only got 4 negs on eq, all 6+ which is what i used to apply for comenity, maybe i should do that again? apply for someone who only pulls eq?

Well question I would ask myself is why do I need to apply for anymore cards. I would just let your collections fall off or at least age. you have enough credit now to rebuild your credit score ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 16
Cherokee_X

yes true, but open sky and merrick i wont be keeping for long term, just opened them bcause i needed the tl's, us bank will go unsecured with a hard pull after a year, so ill keep that, fingerhut and comentity wont help me with much unless im buying stuff from them, just need a good visa or mc i can keep for the long haul, any ideas?  doesnt have to be right away, i figured id wait a while anyway, since 1 neg fell off this month, 3 fall off in aug, 2 n sept, 1 in oct, 3 in jan.

Message 8 of 16
fot1
Established Contributor

It is fee heavy and frowned on by many on Myfico, but Credit One card .. personally I would try for an unsecured cap one and work that for thenext year or so and pc to a quicksilver card...

Too many to list..
Message 9 of 16
Cherokee_X

no, no credit one, i already have a first premier i regret getting and i would close it but its my oldest card, plus i dont want to start closing cards until i get some decent ones, plus credit one is one of my charge offs so im blacklisted, and yea i want the quicksilver, just trying to decide when the time will be right to apply, i think with my scores i might have a good chance of getting approved but i cant afford 3 hard inq for nothing.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.