cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

and what card did you use?

Did you pay over time or did you PIF? Man LOL

Message 1 of 149
148 REPLIES 148
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Re: What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

I would say it was on my Care Credit card when I had to have a root canal 4 years ago.. I had to get a CLI for extra work. It totalled to $3100. I paid it off in a year (had to pay interest unfortunately, but I was a lot less aware of how to game the system back then, plus I had just become full-time at my job. )   Today, I just charged 920 on the Amex for a new laptop and dvd drive. It will be paid off in 2 months. LOL

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 2 of 149
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Re: What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

12000$ for my wedding venue Chase listed it as dining so  my CSP got double points. I payed it instantly since it was over my credit line.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 3 of 149
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Went for a car inspection and ended up paying about $800 to get a few things fixed.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 4 of 149
Callandra
Valued Contributor

One of [many] round trip tickets from Newark to Tokyo (or vice versa); probably the highest was around $1300 (stupid fuel surcharges). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 5 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably a down payment on a car. Don't remember the amounts exactly right now.

Message 6 of 149
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

18K attorney fees 20 years ago.

Its almost paid off. 

JK!

Message 7 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't made it yet, but car repairs next week should be around 1-2k on the Venture, with more down the pike. Called the Capital One and let them know, just in case.

PIF? I wish lol  But ASAP, def.

Message 8 of 149
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

AMEX PRG 18k PIF cauz you have to or AMEX breaks your knees

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 9 of 149
SGR
Contributor

Soon to be $8k on an exotic car rental. I plan on paying it off over four months since it will be during a 0% promo.

Message 10 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.