cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

tag
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Re: What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

Back when Chase didn't AA me at the drop of a hat, I  bought my car off lease for $17k and paid it off over 1.5 years at 0% and then a couple of years later, bought a work van for $10k with a Chase access check with no fee.  Ah, those were the days.

Message 61 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was the LARGEST one time transaction you made with a credit/charge card?

$8,700 - to my tailor for custom suits.  AMEX PRG so obv PIF.  Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tacpoly wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

@tacpoly wrote:

Around $13000 for a bag on my individual card.  About $24000 for dinner on our joint card.  PIF.

Was that $13000 for a bag of weed? Then the $24000 dinner makes sense. Seriously, that must of been one great dinner. I'd be saving what's on my floss for leftovers.

A special order birkin.  It was a very good dinner, but much of that charge was alcohol ; we didn't realize how many of our guests were wine enthusiasts!

Ooh, I wondered if that bag was a Birkin. Jelly lol

Message 63 of 149
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Recently, $1400 in airline tickets, hotel, and rental car to visit my DD while she was in MO. She's in S. Korea now, so I'm gearing up to pay a huge travel expense at the end of the year for a trip there.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 64 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

$6.5K in a club, a couple of them $2K bottles of champaign

Message 65 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

$47,000 on diamond ring.  Amex Plat.  Painful to PIF the next month 

Message 66 of 149
aav
Established Contributor

I had to pay for most of my brother's funeral. I paid the full amount with my credit card and a few family members helped quite a bit, but my part was several thousand that I am paying on my own. I paid about 1000 to the credit card right away then another 2000 within the past 30 days. He had prepaid funeral services then cashed out some of it.. It is what it is. I am just glad that hubby and I have the resources and ability to pay it of over a short time. About 15 years ago when my mother passed away, my (other) brother put the charges on his credit card and we paid him back.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 67 of 149
Anonymous
Not applicable

$541 - 3.5 cords of precut fire wood. i.e. winter heating bill

Message 68 of 149
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$541 - 3.5 cords of precut fire wood. i.e. winter heating bill

I just baught 2 cords....$325

Message 69 of 149
Josh611
Regular Contributor

For now mine is only a $900 car insurance payment

When my car decides to die and I get a new one, I can put a nice down payment on it for the cashbackSmiley Happy

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 70 of 149
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.