cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your 1st CC EVER, and old were you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your 1st CC EVER, and old were you?

When I turned 18, I opened my checking and savings account with PNC Bank. I also opened my first credit card...I believe I am an AU on it with my father. Credit limit of $5000. My first credit card that wasn't retail related was the Sallie Mae CC with a CL of $3300.

Message 41 of 95
gh17
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Barclaycard when I was 19.   Don't recall the CL, probably 100 GBP or less.   They closed it (and my bank account) when I moved to the US a few years later.

I didn't know you were an brit lol now every post i read i will think of you speaking in an british accent!!

Thought the same thing

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 42 of 95
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: What was your 1st CC and old were you?

My very first credit  card was BofA Platinum Plus with 1,5K limit. It was at the age of  20. This  account is still alive and went through several PCs. Limit is now 10.1K with 9,99% APR and final PC  is Travel Rewards Visa Signature. Somehow I was too sentimental to ever close it..lol

Message 43 of 95
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I was 16 and it was Bonwit Teller.  I worked there part-time after schoo.  Employees need the card to get employee discount.  I should have kept it - it's a collectors item now.Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 44 of 95
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

My first was Discover it for Students, and I got it December of 2013. I was (and still am) 18.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 45 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

18, BoA Rewards Visa with a $1,000 limit, CLI to $1,500 and C/O'd 3 years later for $600

Message 46 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card was discover it students that I had to get with my fathers sig with a 500CL. Got it 2 months ago and I just recently opened a CapitalOne Journey and QuickSilver one by myself. Hoping to keep the discover forever(get my father removed after my scores improve), its a nice reminder of how it all began Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card was Bank of America 500 dollar limit when I was 18. I was irresponsible with this card though and then I got another BoA one for 1500 a week later. Maxed them both out and never paid a single payment. That was 12 years ago, I was pretty stupid back then. I just thought FREE MONEY!

Anyways ended up paying like 1300 to settle the accounts about 5 years ago.

Do I still have a chance to get another BoA card now that I'm responsible with credit and have decent trade lines?

Discover FICO 750
Message 48 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
First card was Bank of America 500 dollar limit when I was 18. I was irresponsible with this card though and then I got another BoA one for 1500 a week later. Maxed them both out and never paid a single payment. That was 12 years ago, I was pretty stupid back then. I just thought FREE MONEY!

Do I still have a chance to get another BoA card now that I'm responsible with credit and have decent trade lines?

Discover FICO 750

Might be blacklisted.

They won't even pull my reports when i've tried to apply for a new BoA card.

Message 49 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover FICO 750

Might be blacklisted.

They won't even pull my reports when i've tried to apply for a new BoA card.

I did the card match site based off the last 4 of a person's SSN and the site told me I Pre Qualify for Bank of America. I'll wait to find out for sure though lol. I'm gardening for the time being.

Message 50 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.