Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your 1st credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your 1st credit card?

My first credit card just arrived in the mailbox today. The Capital One Journeys Student! It looks pretty awesome it's transparent and has a red magnetic stripe! Today marked 6 days from the email. 750 cl 

Message 101 of 110
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My first credit card just arrived in the mailbox today. The Capital One Journeys Student! It looks pretty awesome it's transparent and has a red magnetic stripe! Today marked 6 days from the email. 750 cl 

Now I am curious about the card design. Care to post a picture?

Message 102 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope I do not mind however the forum rules state no card pictures : /

Message 103 of 110
Open123
Super Contributor

Amex Green I had gotten during University.

Message 104 of 110
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm not sure but I think you can PM pics......don't hold me to that tho!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 105 of 110
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Mine was a Citibank credit card in 1992.  I had just started college and had no understanding whatsoever of how credit worked... I just knew there was this table set up with people offering me this plastic thing that gave me access to money.  Smiley Very Happy

I ran up $700 in no time.  I had no idea how to pay it off, as I had no job.  I ended up going into credit counseling a year or so later (when I did have a job), which wasn't really necessary but seemed it at the time.  Oh, the joys of credit cards at 18 years old!

It certainly could have been a lot worse!  But because of that, I'm even more determined to send my son off on his own with a clear understanding of how to use money and credit responsibly.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 106 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? Smiley Surprised clear clear? Like BCE clear? Was it an option when you picked your cards like the images or did it just ship like that? I'm pretty sure I have the same card but never saw a clear option. 

Message 107 of 110
Open123
Super Contributor

@lolabelle wrote:

I ran up $700 in no time.  I had no idea how to pay it off, as I had no job.  I ended up going into credit counseling a year or so later (when I did have a job), which wasn't really necessary but seemed it at the time.  Oh, the joys of credit cards at 18 years old!

Hahaha...Amazing how quickly the bill adds up, especially in those days before the internet, pending transactions, and online account management.  I still recall so vividly my first phone call to the AmEx CSR asking, "what do you mean I have to pay it all at once?  Are you serious?  You mean, the entire $1,500 something?"

It was not pretty during my Fall quarter of financial ineptitude and irresponsibility.

Message 108 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? Smiley Surprised clear clear? Like BCE clear? Was it an option when you picked your cards like the images or did it just ship like that? I'm pretty sure I have the same card but never saw a clear option. 

Whoops! Haha not clear clear but it lets only red light in and it looks dark but when held to the light you can see right through it. I think it is pretty neat anyway! Do you have a custom design on it?

Message 109 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoops! Haha not clear clear but it lets only red light in and it looks dark but when held to the light you can see right through it. I think it is pretty neat anyway! Do you have a custom design on it?

Ah. Gotcha. I do but I was ready to call in and tell them to send me their design. Smiley Tongue I'm a fan of the clear cards but it seems only AMEX has them. :/

Message 110 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.