Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?

 

I don't understand why people think Capital One should have lower standards during its underwriting decisions. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 112
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?

My biggest shocker  was increasing my revolving credit from 12,500 to 90,800
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?


DI wrote:

 

I don't understand why people think Capital One should have lower standards during its underwriting decisions. 


 

Might be because they have a well deserved reputation as bottom feeders. It is their modus operandi and they are famous for it. The concept of multiple, low limit cards issued to marginal cardholders to harvest fees was (and maybe is) their bread and butter.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

 

I don't understand why people think Capital One should have lower standards during its underwriting decisions. 


 

Might be because they have a well deserved reputation as bottom feeders. It is their modus operandi and they are famous for it. The concept of multiple, low limit cards issued to marginal cardholders to harvest fees was (and maybe is) their bread and butter.

CWCID, in the interests of accuracy, please remove the words "might be" from your reply.  :smileywink:

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,448
Registered: ‎11-30-2007
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?

Dh only received a couple very small cld's.....reached $50k in lines.  Lot's of cli from stores. 
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?


O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

 

I don't understand why people think Capital One should have lower standards during its underwriting decisions. 


 

Might be because they have a well deserved reputation as bottom feeders. It is their modus operandi and they are famous for it. The concept of multiple, low limit cards issued to marginal cardholders to harvest fees was (and maybe is) their bread and butter.

CWCID, in the interests of accuracy, please remove the words "might be" from your reply.  :smileywink:


 

     Smiley
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 278
Registered: ‎10-17-2009
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?


Shane1 wrote:

Finding out I have a JCPenney credit card that I opened 12 years ago but didn't remember having. It was open but inactive, so I called them for a replacement, which they did without a problem, saving my oldest card by three years.

 

Aside from the CLD I got from HSBC in February, it was a good year. Three new cards (including one with my highest limit ever) and an auto loan. I also found out that anybody can join a credit union, regardless of what affiliation they have.

 

Most shocking credit moment of 2009: pulling my EQ FICO and seeing it at 803. After 7 years with a dozen or so derogatory accounts, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't that.


did u made those accounts good, or u let them fall off?

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

 

I don't understand why people think Capital One should have lower standards during its underwriting decisions. 


 

Might be because they have a well deserved reputation as bottom feeders. It is their modus operandi and they are famous for it. The concept of multiple, low limit cards issued to marginal cardholders to harvest fees was (and maybe is) their bread and butter.

CWCID, in the interests of accuracy, please remove the words "might be" from your reply.  :smileywink:


 

     Smiley

Awe it's not that funny! LOL.  They have helped a lot of 'bottom feeders' get their credit scores back up in due time.  Just look at mines!:smileywink:

Regular Contributor
Posts: 138
Registered: ‎03-05-2008
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?

My biggest shocker was a CLI to 1k from Target after having a $200 cl for over 2 years, and reading these forums about Target and how they don't increase your cl.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: What was your 2009 Credit Card Shocker?


DI wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DI wrote:

 

I don't understand why people think Capital One should have lower standards during its underwriting decisions. 


 

Might be because they have a well deserved reputation as bottom feeders. It is their modus operandi and they are famous for it. The concept of multiple, low limit cards issued to marginal cardholders to harvest fees was (and maybe is) their bread and butter.

CWCID, in the interests of accuracy, please remove the words "might be" from your reply.  :smileywink:


 

     Smiley

Awe it's not that funny! LOL.  They have helped a lot of 'bottom feeders' get their credit scores back up in due time.  Just look at mines!:smileywink:


 

Watch the PBS Frontline documentary on credit (available online) for further information on what solid citizens Cap1 are.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.