cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your UTL when approved for Duck/Beaver?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

What was your UTL when approved for Duck/Beaver?

Wondering what people's overall UTL was at time of approval.....

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: What was your UTL when approved for Duck/Beaver?

OK, I'm game.....Smiley Wink rounded up to 2%.  I've seen some pretty high numbers for UTL and still got approved.  I believe the low UTL and them pulling my highest score, EQ got me the $20K.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 2 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Mine was around ~3% when I got the Beaver. 

Message 3 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

My util was around 3% across 3 cards if I remember correctly.  I've seen people with 30% util approved however.  I wonder what impact it has on assigned CL?

Message 4 of 24
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

My util was around 3% across 3 cards if I remember correctly.  I've seen people with 30% util approved however.  I wonder what impact it has on assigned CL?

I'm curious too. I'm taking advantage of 12 mos and 18 mos 0% APR on two cards. My UTL is ~24%. Was wanting to app for the Duck or Beaver and maybe SDFCU cards. Wondering if I should get that down a bit before....

I was at ~7% when I got approved for the AMEXes, Citi and Barclays. CU, however, seem a little less strict in this regard.

Message 5 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I'm curious too. I'm taking advantage of 12 mos and 18 mos 0% APR on two cards. My UTL is ~24%. Was wanting to app for the Duck or Beaver and maybe SDFCU cards. Wondering if I should get that down a bit before....

I was at ~7% when I got approved for the AMEXes, Citi and Barclays. CU, however, seem a little less strict in this regard.

Only one way to find out haha!  OCCU is the only CU I've found that doesn't appear overly concerned about inq and new credit lines.  The more I read about them, the more it seems they really only shy away from negs, especially younger than 2yrs.  I'd say if you can wait to get util lower do that, but you'd probably be good even with 24% util and no negs (I forgot if you have any).  

SDFCU as in State Dept or San Diego?

Message 6 of 24
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Only one way to find out haha!  OCCU is the only CU I've found that doesn't appear overly concerned about inq and new credit lines.  The more I read about them, the more it seems they really only shy away from negs, especially younger than 2yrs.  I'd say if you can wait to get util lower do that, but you'd probably be good even with 24% util and no negs (I forgot if you have any).  

All my reports are squeaky clean! Smiley Very Happy  AAoA is 3 years, only 1 INQ on EQ in last year, oldest TL is 11 years, oldest CC is 2 years, added 4 new accounts in last year.

SDFCU as in State Dept. I LOVE THEM!!

Message 7 of 24
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

All my reports are squeaky clean! Smiley Very Happy  AAoA is 3 years, only 1 INQ on EQ in last year, oldest TL is 11 years, oldest CC is 2 years, added 4 new accounts in last year.

Looks to me with your July fico EQ you should be golden.  What is your current EQ?  The EQ they pulled for me was was 20+ points higher than what I had seen one week before my app.  I agree with other posters <30% utl, with no baddies, 720-730+ they're generous with CLs

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 8 of 24
alvon123
Super Contributor

My util was at 1% when i apped for beaver.

Message 9 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I would think you would have a good chance.  I opened about 5 new accounts in July (and closed a few others as well) and it didn't impact the Beaver card approval in mid-October.  Then again, my file is a lot thicker/older and my utilization was around ~3%.  My scores only went down by about 5-8 points (on average) for all CRs even with the new accounts (reduced AAoA) and the inquiries.  Those points have long since recovered.

IMHO, see if you could get the util below 24% (maybe 15% or so) for optimal results Smiley Happy  The day you decide to apply (hopefully the Beaver card will be your choice) make sure to wear those fancy orange shorts for good luck!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.