cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your UTL when approved for Duck/Beaver?

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: What was your UTL when approved for Duck/Beaver?

@lhcole77 wrote:

Wondering what people's overall UTL was at time of approval.....

Mine was around 10 - 11% of my total CL which was around $57k at the time with a bunch of inquiries. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

My util was around 3% across 3 cards if I remember correctly.  I've seen people with 30% util approved however.  I wonder what impact it has on assigned CL?

I'm curious too. I'm taking advantage of 12 mos and 18 mos 0% APR on two cards. My UTL is ~24%. Was wanting to app for the Duck or Beaver and maybe SDFCU cards. Wondering if I should get that down a bit before....

I was at ~7% when I got approved for the AMEXes, Citi and Barclays. CU, however, seem a little less strict in this regard.

Only one way to find out haha!  OCCU is the only CU I've found that doesn't appear overly concerned about inq and new credit lines.  The more I read about them, the more it seems they really only shy away from negs, especially younger than 2yrs.  I'd say if you can wait to get util lower do that, but you'd probably be good even with 24% util and no negs (I forgot if you have any).  

SDFCU as in State Dept or San Diego?

Late and mostly useless reply but San Diego typically refers to themselves as SDCCU, County instead of Federal for their acronym

        
Message 12 of 24
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

7-8%

Message 13 of 24
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Sadly it was 0% my score took a hits, lost about 15 points. Myfico was right... keep your util 1-2% for maxinum score. 1-2% that's a lot of money when you have pretty high total CL. I hate not to PIF or letting it report.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 14 of 24
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Black: I'm going to pull my EQ FICO the first week of December to see where I stand. Then I'll make a decision from there. Thanks for the input.

@Fin: I've got my Beaver pants at the ready...they're just waiting for me to put them on and do the beaver dance when/if I apply and get approved. Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 24
Petraeus
Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

OK, I'm game.....Smiley Wink rounded up to 2%.  I've seen some pretty high numbers for UTL and still got approved.  I believe the low UTL and them pulling my highest score, EQ got me the $20K.

+1

Im with Black on this. Although my UTL is 14%, pulling my highest score, EQ (FICO 750) got me the 20K as well.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 16 of 24
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I had 13% UTL
Message 17 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous: I'm going to pull my EQ FICO the first week of December to see where I stand. Then I'll make a decision from there. Thanks for the input.

@Fin: I've got my Beaver pants at the ready...they're just waiting for me to put them on and do the beaver dance when/if I apply and get approved. Smiley LOL

Well, in honor for choosing the Beaver card, I'm going to wear orange as well.  Although, it may clash with December's traditional festive colors but it's all good  Smiley Wink  I'm hoping those scores will be in your comfort zone to make the jump - and I will understand if there's more "marinating" to do.  We NEED another Beaver success story!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 24
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

25% UTL with a card that I am a AU on reporting 90% UTL, all my cards were reporting under 50%.

Approved 5k, 12.99% APR Duck Card no rewards.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 19 of 24
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous: I'm going to pull my EQ FICO the first week of December to see where I stand. Then I'll make a decision from there. Thanks for the input.

Well, in honor for choosing the Beaver card, I'm going to wear orange as well.  Although, it may clash with December's traditional festive colors but it's all good  Smiley Wink  I'm hoping those scores will be in your comfort zone to make the jump - and I will understand if there's more "marinating" to do.  We NEED another Beaver success story!  Smiley Very Happy

Pulled my EQ score just now.....I'm sitting at 722 with 24% UTL

Newest account is 5 months old and only INQ hits the 6 month mark on December 13.

I'd really like to have <20% UTL with score >740 when I apply.

Thoughts.....

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.