Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your credit steps increase?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

What was your credit steps increase?

Well well, I should be receiving mine tomorrow...  What was yours? 

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your credit steps increase?

$500 for each of my two

Edited to add:  My Credit Step increase was exactly what they stated it would be in the initial email they sent when I was enrolled in the program.  Check your email history for the Cap One email that starts "Info about your credit line..."

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$500 for each of my two

Edited to add:  My Credit Step increase was exactly what they stated it would be in the initial email they sent when I was enrolled in the program.  Check your email history for the Cap One email that starts "Info about your credit line..."

I know they stated what the increase would be but I wonder how some people get more. I'm anxiously waiting to see if I will get what they said or will it be more. Fingers crossed for more! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Well well, I should be receiving mine tomorrow...  What was yours? 

Keep us posted on what you get, your spending habits, and your payment habits. Just trying to figure out a what Cap 1 likes.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know they stated what the increase would be but I wonder how some people get more. I'm anxiously waiting to see if I will get what they said or will it be more. Fingers crossed for more! Smiley Wink

I hit the luv button prior to my credit steps CLI.  I did them on the same day in fact.  On was two months out from credit steps completion and the other was 3 months out.  I got a 2K increase on both.  

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the luv button prior to my credit steps CLI.  I did them on the same day in fact.  On was two months out from credit steps completion and the other was 3 months out.  I got a 2K increase on both.  

Yeah I hit the luv button and got 2k increase but I did that after 3 months. My credit steps won't kick in until the 30th of this month. So I'm hoping for more than a $500 but maybe not. Just wishing on a star.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jdana70 wrote:

Yeah I hit the luv button and got 2k increase but I did that after 3 months. My credit steps won't kick in until the 30th of this month. So I'm hoping for more than a $500 but maybe not. Just wishing on a star.

Unfortunately Cap One isn't really known for giving CLIs outside of credit steps until 6 months from the last one.  But that doesn't mean that my situation will be yours.  Just keep 6 months from your credit steps graduation on your calendar in the event that they only give what was initially stated.   You should definitely have some luck around that time!

Good luck though!

Message 7 of 26
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just a measly $500.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Just a measly $500.

Awww OmarGB9 that didn't not help my enthusiasm....Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 26
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol just being honest. Smiley Very Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.