Senior Contributor

Re: What was your first 10k+ card?

rebuilding since april... 7k USAA   :[

Message 31 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Platinum Prestige $10k @ 10.9% 

Had 3 cards before that with the highest limit being $3,400 with Chase. 

Message 32 of 83
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Just curious and also I am kinda excited about my first 10k card..

So if you don't mind sharing, what was your first card that offered 10k or more limit upon approval? Before then, what other cards do you have and their limits were if you remember a couple of them.. How long after you got you first credit card were you granted that 10k+ limit card?

Kinda want to see how well I am doing..

Today I got my first 10+ card approved.. chase freedom.. before then I have 5 credit cards, 2 store credit cards and my first ever card was obtained in 03/2013, so it took me more than a year and a half to get there... I wouldn't think I did so well..

NASA was my first $10k+ upon approval card.  At that time I had three other cards... each with under a $5k limit... so I was shocked Smiley Happy

Haven't apped since, as I have been in the process of obtaining a mortgage for a second home Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 33 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is a 12.5K NFCU CashRewards Card that I got in the middle of last month.......I started rebuilding in April 2014 with my first CC which was a $200 secured Cap One Card, then in November 2014 was approved for a $12.5K Credit Card!!! This is my highest limit by far!!
Message 34 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the time of my 12.5K approval I was about 7 months in from rebuilding and getting my first CC (April 2014) when I got approved for the 12.5K my highest limits before were $300 (bankcard) and $800 (storecard) that I got approved for between August 2014-October 2014. Getting approved for anything over 10k blew me away especially the 12.5K. I still cant believe it and it definitely scared me going from $300-$800 CL to a CL of $12.5K
Message 35 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover 11500

Message 36 of 83
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Freeeedooommm!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 37 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blue Sky 10k. Still at 10k, never bothered to ask for CLI

Message 38 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

A local regional bank back in 2006 for personal and WAMU for my Business Credit Card back in 2008.
Message 39 of 83
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

My AMEX BCP.

Message 40 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.