New Contributor
goal_digger

What was your first pre-qualified offer after rebuilding??

I received a pre-qualified mailer for a Walmart Credit card.  As much as I want the free TU FICO score, I put it aside but smiled at the fact that I'm actually making progress in my credit journey.  Also, about a month ago I tried the shopping cart trick with J. Crew and successfully got an offer.  The same day I got the Walmart mailing (yesterday), I received a note from J. Crew telling me I had been pre-approved for their card, and that they'd like me to take them up on their offer.  I smiled and put that one aside too.  No more cards for me but it's nice to see hard work paying off.

Do you remember your first pre-qual after rebuilding? Who was it from? Did you go for it?

PS- Sorry if this question has already been asked.. I was just so excited to see offers come for me in the mail :smileyvery-happy:

In order of approval...

Fico Scores: EX 677 (11/13) | EQ 684 (10/13) | TU98 708 (10/13)
Last App 11/19/2013 | Next App: CSP and Discover IT 9/2014
Senior Contributor
Irisa

Re: What was your first pre-qualified offer after rebuilding??

I don't remember about my first pre-approval after rebuilding, but I do remember the one that meant the most. Before and while rebuilding my credit, I was denied by Citi so many times. Then one day (earlier this year), I got a pre-approval offer from them. I was so happy. I applied right away and was instantly approved. I felt so accomplished. :smileyhappy:

Current Scores: EX 795 / EQ 798 / TU 796
Current cards: CSP - Freedom - Discover It - Amex BCP - BoA BBR - Capital One QS and QS1 - Citi TYP
Regular Contributor
Legions36

I remember mine a few weeks ago how could i forget the NFCU mail offer. It said all u have to do is say yes to this offer. I couldn't believe the results, trust me rebuild the right way and it pays off.

(Fico Equifax-721 11/19) (Fico Experian-729 11/14) (Fico Trans-691 11/4)
NFCU(10k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(3k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(1500), AmexBCE($800), Orch Bank($400)
New Contributor
nmac

When my credit score stopped falling I eventually received a number of very bad (very poor terms) credit card offers. In this mix I believe was first premier, credit one and probably others. I never applied for any of these cards as they had beyond horrendous terms. Eventually I received a capital one preapproval that was quite a bit of a better offer with no AF and 24.99 interest. I opened this card and paid in full every month. Maybe a year or so latter I started receiving discover offers in the mail. It might sound stupid but I never really believed that my credit was actually improving thus I discarded these offers without much thought.

After having the cap1 card for 4 months or so the limit increased a couple hundred bucks from 300 to 500. Then it sat at 500 for more than a year. I eventually tried for an CLI and my limit doubled to 1k. Shortly after this I applied for a discover card and was approved for a card with a 1K limit. Right after the discover card started reporting on my credit reports I got an offer for an Amex green charge card. Shortly thereafter I applied for the Amex PRG charge card and was approved.

So to answer your question it went capital one -> discover -> amex charge card. I totally agree with you that it’s fun to get preapproved offers in the mail. I imagine it only gets better as the quality of the offers improve. 

Capitalone Quick Silver 2k - Discover 1K - Chase Freedom 3.5K - Venture 10K

Citi TYP 3.5K - Amex Everyday Preferred 5.3K - Chase Sapphire Preferred 7K
Senior Contributor
B335is

My first was Citi TYP (instant approval).  Second was Amex Green (3 weeks after I got Amex PRG).  Third was Amex Gold (2 weeks later than Green).  Fourth and final was First Premier (no comment).

Super Contributor
mongstradamus

I think my first was discover IT via mail , and chase freedom/csp via online pre approval site

EX Fico 770 8/23/14 Fako 796 CS/Credit.com 8/22/14
EQ SW 806 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 804 8/14/2014 Fako 751 Creditkarma 8/30/2014
Senior Contributor
yudeology101

For me:  

While rebuilding (score range 550~600)-  Credit One

After (score range 620~ current)- Citi AA, AMEX Green

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Frequent Contributor
Longroad

Mine was Wal Mart with Chase/SWA just a few days after. And only last week. 

What a feeling.......FINALLY!!!!

Established Member
madnutz

first offer I beleive was merrick bank, applied with them and got instantly approved for 1k

New Contributor
Zz_JC_zZ

My first was the Citi Diamond Preferred. I didn't go after it, the rates I was offered were not very good, and I wanted to stay in the garden and let my current cards age.
Starting Score (July 2013) Exp 665 Equ 658 TU 660
Current Score (Aug 2013) Exp 720 Equ 748 (Discover 8/19) TU 655 (Amex 8/19)

Amex BCE ($3,000) Discover It ($3,000) Cap1 Cash Rewards ($1,250) Cap1 Platinum ($1,000) Express Next ($250)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+