cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your first prime card after rebuilding credit?

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: What was your first prime card after rebuilding credit?

Discover It & Amex green with scores around 700's.

Message 11 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

PayPal MC and then Discover IT - 3 mos later. CS's 687 and 707
Message 12 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Green, while I was still in the process of rebuilding my credit, with scores in the mid 600s.

I consider the point after which I rebuilt my credit to be when all of the COs/CAs dropped off my reports. That was last August, and I went on an app spree one evening. I was approved for all four cards -- Discover, BoA 1-2-3, Citi Diamond Preferred, and Wells Fargo Rewards. My scores were in the 720s at that point.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 23
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@blink182 wrote:
Just curious, what was the first prime card you were approved for after rebuilding your credit and what was your score?

Total Rewards Visa....617 fico..recon!!! Just told them i was planning a trip to vegas next year and BAM! Instant approval!!! Played it coolMan Wink

Message 14 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Hmmm, I guess that depends on how one views things.  My first, and for a  time only, card was the platinum Visa from WaMU, not exactly prime, but it was an unsecured card.  After a year Chase tookoever, so I guess that mad it prime, but they cut my limit and raised my interest rate.

The first prime that I apped for and received was Discover IT earlier this year. Not sure of my scores in 2008 when I got the WaMu, but I'm sure they weren't pretty.  When I apped for Discover they were low to mid 700s.

Message 15 of 23
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

My first card was Cap1 and then about 9 months later I got my BoA student card (now PC'd to 123 rewards card). And then after about 6 years, I decided that I deserved cards that gave rewards. So I spree'd. Amex, Chase, Discover, & a BoA CLI. Approved for all of them (even though my friends told me I wouldn't be approved for a Amex, I was happy to prove them wrong).

At the time of my spree, my scores were in the 730s-740s, and after the spree because of the increase in CL and decrease in util my scores have jumped to the 750s-760s.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 16 of 23
hot4u
Established Contributor

Citi Dividend Platinum Select  score around 650's.. I was Shocked..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 17 of 23
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

AMEX Blue  then AMEX Zync  FICO was about 700's, all my other cards rarely pulled EX so didn't know it was that high. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 23
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Delta Community CU Visa - Three years after BK discharge. I'm not sure what the score was when I app'd in Jan '13, but when I CLI in May '13 my EQ was 701.

Message 19 of 23
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Depends on what your definition of Prime is. I mean I had a USAA MC with a score in the low 600's but I don't view that as prime (Chase, Barclays, Amex, Discover etc.). Of those cards my first was Discover and my scores ranged from 660s-680s.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.