Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your first prime card?

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: What was your first prime card?

BofA Power Rewards Visa 1000 CL - now it's a Visa Signature Cash Rewards with a CL of 7000!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 51 of 59
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

From what I read though, Visa Signature doesn't report CL.

Can anyone confirm that though? (I'm just curious personally)

I have a HSBC Premier World MC with a CL of 5,000, I applied for when I turned 18 2.4 yrs ago..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 52 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@namvet wrote:

Any credit card was prime back  when i started applying for credit.  1971 and the card was Bankamericard!  Then it was Mastercharge! 

I remember that we didn't have to "app" for either of those cards.  My husband had an account with Bank of America and they sent him the Bankamericard just out of the blue in the mail, while I had an account with Security Pacific Bank that sent me the Mastercharge card in the mail and, both of us were given $1,000 credit limits -- we thought we were rich and living the dream! 

Message 53 of 59
arsenal04
New Contributor

Discover More card.  Got it this month.  Then a week later I was approved for AMEX Green.

Message 54 of 59
namvet
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@namvet wrote:

Any credit card was prime back  when i started applying for credit.  1971 and the card was Bankamericard!  Then it was Mastercharge! 

I remember that we didn't have to "app" for either of those cards.  My husband had an account with Bank of America and they sent him the Bankamericard just out of the blue in the mail, while I had an account with Security Pacific Bank that sent me the Mastercharge card in the mail and, both of us were given $1,000 credit limits -- we thought we were rich and living the dream! 

Now that you mention it, you are right about no apps in those days!  Quite a few did just come in the mail.  Many others including Amex sent "just sign here" letters and you will get the card.  It was like the banks were trying to get us in debt.  It worked!  It took me nearly 20 years to get out of debt!

Message 55 of 59
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Good to see ppl constantly working on improving their credit and getting to prime Smiley Happy

It's hard work and it's worth it. I feel like I am almost there.........

Message 56 of 59
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I would consider student cards to be prime, so long as their with a prime bank. But I'm a bit biased. Smiley Tongue

I really hit primeville all at once...got Citi Dividend (student), then about 15 minutes later, AMEX Zync, then a few days later BoA Student, and a couple days after that Barclays NFL. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 57 of 59
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Mine would definitely have to be First Premier.

Just kidding, I had a Citi Forward card before they decided to take it back, but following that, American Express Zync.

Message 58 of 59
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

My first prime card was the Capital One card (some may not consider it prime).  After completing a chapter 13, Capital One took a chance on me with a $1,500 credit limit.  I was so stoked.  Now once the bankruptcy was discharged, I decided to apply for what I consider a major player at the time, Citi.  I applied and was approved a Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards card with an $8,000 CL.  I thought "I have arrived!"  Smiley Wink

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.