Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your first prime card?

tag
cardionrs
Established Member

What was your first prime card?

After maintaining the secured cards, what's was your first prime card. I'm starting with a BOA secured limit at $2000.
First secured card:: BOA $2000
First prime card:: ?? ( hopefully chase)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What was your first prime card?

Amex Blue in 1998 was my first prime card.

Message 2 of 13
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

The very first card I had back in college in 1988 or 1989: Citi Bank Visa.  

I do not know if one or both count as prime or not - but if so - during rebuilding: 2008 HSBC Discover -  and then Cap 1 Visa -  

If they do not count, then I have to go with 2011 Discover during rebuilding phase.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

So this is the thread that reminds some of us how old we are huh?  Smiley LOL

I've never had a secured card so not sure I should be responding.  But in any case,  I don't remember my very first prime card, I think it was First National Banks (something like that anyway)  back around 86ish.  The one I DO remember was AMEX Green in 1987 (luckily, they remembered too Smiley Very Happy though they only remember back to 1989)  (The card I have from then actually says 87, but if they'll acknowledge it to 1989,  I'm not gonna complain about it.)

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 13
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

After graduating my secured bofa card I got a Gold Delta Amex (already booked one flight to Vegas from Ireland using pay with miles $240) love this card because I fly with delta (also KLM&Air France ) so it lets me use my miles Smiley Happy

The CL was 2500 but after 60 days it's sitting pretty at 7500 looking forward to my next CLI Smiley Very Happy
BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 5 of 13
sr383
Regular Contributor

Costco AMEX in 2011. Didn't app again until this month, grabbing the SallieMae World MasterCard (or whatever it's called) for groceries, gas, and books.
Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 6 of 13
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

I went on an app spree and ended up with

Amex Delta

CSP

Freedom

Non-Prime cards

Cap1 Quicksilver

Sallie Mae Mastercard

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 7 of 13
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Discover and Chase in the same day. Gotta love them app sprees Smiley Happy

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 8 of 13
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

For me, AMEX Zync, then Discover More (at the time).

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 9 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

My first prime card goes back to time of the dinosaurs, before there were subprime offerings. So let's see... that would have been back in 1987, and it was an NCNB Mastercard. NCNB became Nations Bank, which merged with BoA.

Fast forward to modern times... I tanked my credit all those years ago, started to rebuild but had problems yet again in the wake of two hurricanes, and finally completed a successful rebuild last year. My first prime card during this era was while I was rebuilding, and it was an Amex Green.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.