Regular Contributor

Re: What was your first satisfying Purchase

JamesAllen hearts and arrows collection. Great bang/bling for the buck

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From all your hard work, and CLI requests ? 

What was the first real thing you purchased ? 

I myself am not at this level YET !

But when I do, I plan on purchasing Gold and Silver. Thats my real reason to dig in and get credit worthy. 

I started investing in physical silver with my chase AARP card about a month ago. Its 5% cash back makes PM investing very do-able without too much loss from spread between bid and ask prices. 

Message 22 of 26
notmyj
Regular Contributor

First it was getting my scores back up so I could close on my house in 12/2011. Then I just got approved for a 15k Visa from PSECU. My first purchase on this card is going to be a lawn tractor. It will be a John Deere 318. Not typical of anything you will find at Lowes. It has full hydraulics, a snow blower, a hydraulic snow plow, hydraulic mower lift, etc. And its the same size as a standard lawn tractor. Its gonna be a cash deal from a private seller, but PSECU doesnt have any fees or aditional interest if you use a cash advance. And you can transfer the money right into your account from your visa on the website. This will be paid off in full once the tax returns come in next month.

The other major purchase that I am proud of is my new Samsung HD LED TV. Put it on my BBRZ MC and got 36 months free financing. Yup, gonna take advantage of that...

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I can pay my rent with a credit card is my landlord doesn't charge a convienience fee. They don't take cash of course and you can't pay your rent online. The only  option is to walk into the office yourself every month and pay with a check or visa or mastercard.

I remember reading somewhere that the CC companies allow convienience charges if the payment is outside their normal mode of operations so to speak. I know the electric bill charges a convienience charge to pay online with a credit card and that is the only bill I pay through my banks bill pay.

Message 24 of 26
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From all your hard work, and CLI requests ? 

What was the first real thing you purchased ? 

I myself am not at this level YET !

But when I do, I plan on purchasing Gold and Silver. Thats my real reason to dig in and get credit worthy. 

My first satisfying purchase was when I bought my iPad and MacBook.
!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 25 of 26
UPSGregg
Established Member

[quote] u can pay ur rent with a credit card? i wish i could pay BofA for my house payment with a CC,, OMG all the points i would have[/quote]. Amen! My mortgage is with Wells Fargo (not by choice) and they won't accept mortgage payments by credit card.

Starting Score: EQ 779
Current Score: EQ 779
Goal Score: EQ 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.