cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your starting limit with the Citi DC card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your starting limit with the Citi DC card?

After not receiving any pre-approvals for the Citi DC card for the last year I finally started receiving them this week for the Citi DC and 4 other Citi CC.

My question is: for those who have received pre-approvals for the Citi DC, with an APR of 23%, what was your starting limit?

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I could not find a similar thread in any of the forums.

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: What was your starting limit with the Citi DC card?

Family member got a SL of 3K with the DC at the high APR...  did get the 6mo SP CLI to 4K.....

Also got the preapproval

Citi is still notoriously stingy with the SL on the DC...

-J

Message 2 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Family member got a SL of 3K with the DC at the high APR...  did get the 6mo SP CLI to 4K.....

Also got the preapproval

Citi is still notoriously stingy with the SL on the DC...

-J

I would be more than happy with a 3K SL at the high APR. Would you happen to know which CB they pulled and the scores your family member had?

Message 3 of 64
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The DC card didn't exist yet but when it was introduced i had the CDP card for almost 1 year. After 12 months "Exactly" they easily allowed a PC to the DC Card. Before that PC Citi had just SP increased the CDP card from a 6 month cli schedule and so my DC start line was actually a transferred limit of $3400. Today it stands at $6.4K. The original CDP card started at a mere $800.

Message 4 of 64
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Ill have to ask them to look it up..... Thought the APR was kinda high for the given score though if i remembered but its a rewards card PIF so that wasnt a issue.. Do know their FICO and FAKO's were north of 730 however... there were a few apps at the time however.. 

Message 5 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

The DC card didn't exist yet but when it was introduced i had the CDP card for almost 1 year. After 12 months "Exactly" they easily allowed a PC to the DC Card. Before that PC Citi had just SP increased the CDP card from a 6 month cli schedule and so my DC start line was actually a transferred limit of $3400. Today it stands at $6.4K. The original CDP card started at a mere $800.

Thanks for the info - that's what I'm afraid of though, applying and receiving a SL of $800 Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 64
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thanks for the info - that's what I'm afraid of though, applying and receiving a SL of $800 Smiley Frustrated

That was on the CDP card. A simple call to the Citi EO only a short 2 months later though yielded a HP CLI to a new limit of $2K and ever since that bump i've only relied on the SP CLI's offered every 6 months.

They're EO Dept. was really pretty good with my new account it seems but it was so far my only contact like that.

Message 7 of 64
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

I got my Citi DC card in February 2015 with a whopping SL of $1,000.  I just received some auto luv for the FIRST time from them to the tune of $500.

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 8 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

I got my Citi DC card in February 2015 with a whopping SL of $1,000.  I just received some auto luv for the FIRST time from them to the tune of $500.

Thanks for the info - did the card come with the 23% APR?

Message 9 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After not receiving any pre-approvals for the Citi DC card for the last year I finally started receiving them this week for the Citi DC and 4 other Citi CC.

My question is: for those who have received pre-approvals for the Citi DC, with an APR of 23%, what was your starting limit?

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I could not find a similar thread in any of the forums.

Message 10 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.