cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What were the credit limits on credit cards that YOU'VE canceled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What were the credit limits on credit cards that you've canceled?

Good grief psychic, I'd better send you some of my Black cohosh to keep you from getting mad at your other cc's. Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 20
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:

psychic wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Wow. If you dont mind me asking, what is your current total CL?

$138,250

How about you keep 100K CL and give the Balance CL to me? Just joking. May I ask how many cards do you this amout spread across? Do you have any one card that is over $50k?

5 major CCs, and 3 store cards.  I don't have any $50k+ cards.  My Bank of America card is my highest CL, at $47,000.
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I canceled a Chase with a CL of $12,000. 

Had an AF, never used it, no rewards.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What were the credit limits on credit cards that YOU'VE canceled?

I cancel cards if:

1. I get a lower % elsewhere
2. customer service is not in the USA
3. my % increases for absolutely no reason (had this happen with Advanta - stay away from them!)
4. I don't do business with visa, amex, manhattan bank, bank of america, chase
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic, I just canceled Kroger Personal Finance yesterday with a credit line of 5,500k.  I didn't like their customer service (a bunch of youngsters with indifferent attitudes) and they kept telling me coupons were coming that I didn't get, so "Off with their heads"! Smiley Very Happy  A supervisor kept trying to convince me to keep the card and I told here I have too many other options to be botherd with nonsense from ANYBODY.
Message 15 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The first time that you start feeling the power is when you start closing your starter cards with annual fees and puny limits.

The next time is when you start combining some cards and shutting others that have OK terms and limits, but are just kinda annoying.

And you know that you are officially a Credit Hottie when you can shrug and close a card with a 5-digit CL because it's, well, irrelevant! Smiley Wink

Fun thread!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 20
NICKI183
Established Contributor

gangcolors wrote:
I cancel cards if:

1. I get a lower % elsewhere
2. customer service is not in the USA
3. my % increases for absolutely no reason (had this happen with Advanta - stay away from them!)
4. I don't do business with visa, amex, manhattan bank, bank of america, chase

So Gangcolors are all your cards issued by Citibank (Mastercards) or the Credit Unions?  You kind of wiped a big selection.  The only other culprit not mentioned was Cap1.
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 17 of 20
NICKI183
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
The first time that you start feeling the power is when you start closing your starter cards with annual fees and puny limits.

The next time is when you start combining some cards and shutting others that have OK terms and limits, but are just kinda annoying.

And you know that you are officially a Credit Hottie when you can shrug and close a card with a 5-digit CL because it's, well, irrelevant! Smiley Wink

Fun thread!

Yes Haulings, I am on that quest to be a credit card Hottie!
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

and What kind of time frames might this ramp be?

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Fun thread!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NICKI183 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Fun thread!

Yes Haulings, I am on that quest to be a credit card Hottie!

Aren't we all Nicki? Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.