Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Re: What were the credit limits on credit cards that you've canceled?

Good grief psychic, I'd better send you some of my Black cohosh to keep you from getting mad at your other cc's. :smileyvery-happy:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Moderator Emeritus
psychic

concorduser wrote:

psychic wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Wow. If you dont mind me asking, what is your current total CL?

$138,250

How about you keep 100K CL and give the Balance CL to me? Just joking. May I ask how many cards do you this amout spread across? Do you have any one card that is over $50k?

5 major CCs, and 3 store cards.  I don't have any $50k+ cards.  My Bank of America card is my highest CL, at $47,000.
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Established Member
larinda

I canceled a Chase with a CL of $12,000. 

Had an AF, never used it, no rewards.
gangcolors

Re: What were the credit limits on credit cards that YOU'VE canceled?

I cancel cards if:

1. I get a lower % elsewhere
2. customer service is not in the USA
3. my % increases for absolutely no reason (had this happen with Advanta - stay away from them!)
4. I don't do business with visa, amex, manhattan bank, bank of america, chase
Regular Contributor
MsQueenB

psychic, I just canceled Kroger Personal Finance yesterday with a credit line of 5,500k.  I didn't like their customer service (a bunch of youngsters with indifferent attitudes) and they kept telling me coupons were coming that I didn't get, so "Off with their heads"! :smileyvery-happy:  A supervisor kept trying to convince me to keep the card and I told here I have too many other options to be botherd with nonsense from ANYBODY.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

The first time that you start feeling the power is when you start closing your starter cards with annual fees and puny limits.

The next time is when you start combining some cards and shutting others that have OK terms and limits, but are just kinda annoying.

And you know that you are officially a Credit Hottie when you can shrug and close a card with a 5-digit CL because it's, well, irrelevant! :smileywink:

Fun thread!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
NICKI183

gangcolors wrote:
I cancel cards if:

1. I get a lower % elsewhere
2. customer service is not in the USA
3. my % increases for absolutely no reason (had this happen with Advanta - stay away from them!)
4. I don't do business with visa, amex, manhattan bank, bank of america, chase

So Gangcolors are all your cards issued by Citibank (Mastercards) or the Credit Unions?  You kind of wiped a big selection.  The only other culprit not mentioned was Cap1.
Current FICO scores: Mid 500's (5/27/14)
Current FICO score: 590 (10/27/14
Cap One: QuickSilver ($750), Journey($500), CapOne ($500) Secured USSA-AMEX ($550), Secured Discover IT ($200), Target ($500), Merrick Bank ($600), Fingerhut ($660)
Subprime: First Premier x2, Emblem Bank, Merrick Bank
Frequent Contributor
NICKI183

haulingthescoreup wrote:
The first time that you start feeling the power is when you start closing your starter cards with annual fees and puny limits.

The next time is when you start combining some cards and shutting others that have OK terms and limits, but are just kinda annoying.

And you know that you are officially a Credit Hottie when you can shrug and close a card with a 5-digit CL because it's, well, irrelevant! :smileywink:

Fun thread!

Yes Haulings, I am on that quest to be a credit card Hottie!
Current FICO scores: Mid 500's (5/27/14)
Current FICO score: 590 (10/27/14
Cap One: QuickSilver ($750), Journey($500), CapOne ($500) Secured USSA-AMEX ($550), Secured Discover IT ($200), Target ($500), Merrick Bank ($600), Fingerhut ($660)
Subprime: First Premier x2, Emblem Bank, Merrick Bank
Established Contributor
beenthere

and What kind of time frames might this ramp be?

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Fun thread!

1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

NICKI183 wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Fun thread!

Yes Haulings, I am on that quest to be a credit card Hottie!

Aren't we all Nicki? :smileywink:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}