Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What were your first 3 cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What were your first 3 cards?

AmEx BCE in mid-2013 followed by PRG in early 2014 and CSP in late 2014.

Message 51 of 65
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

Discover, Capital One Cash Rewards and AMEX Zync.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 52 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

TD Bank Easy rewards secured $5000 (and just a week ago they started to graduate secured cards to unsecured ones)

Cap One Journey $300 (it is now QuickSilver $1300 after a few CLI's and PC)

Amex ED $5000

I got all of them 7 months ago by spending 21 HP's across all 3 Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum, Discover IT (shocked that they approved me) and then an Amex Everyday about 6 months later.

Message 54 of 65
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

Sept 2006 -Total Visa by Plains Commerce Bank 300$

Jan 2007 - First Premier Bank 300$

Sept 2007 - Continental Finance Co. 600$

Message 55 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

My actual first three cards were a long time ago and meaningless now.

After a 'crash' for me in 2008 and losing all of them, I laid low for a couple years.  My rebuilding efforts are:

I applied for a USAA CC and was denied and counter offered a secured card, which I accepted for 250.

Orchard Bank offered me an unsecured at 500, later sold to Capital One (yay!)

Credit One offerd me an unsecured card for 500.

Merrick offered me an unsecured card that doubled in 7 months, now at 1100.

I recently obtained a B of A 99/500 secured card with graduation privileges.

I now have a couple cards that are better and I am going to close the Credit One and Merrick when it looks Ok with respect to AAoA for me.

In summary, basically, I wasted almost two years by not getting small secured cards sooner and starting my rebuild.

Message 56 of 65
wmweeza
Established Contributor

My first card ever was a mastercard from Seafirst Bank (which no longer exists). I think it had 1000 CL at the time, then I had a Bon Marche store card (they no longer exist, at least not on the west coast).

As far as now? The first 2 cards in my signature were my first, opened BofA in 2011, Target in 2013, then came Amex and Barnes in oct of 2014

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 57 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card was my AU Amex PRG.  First three cards of my own were the mid-90s trifecta: Victoria's Secret, Express & Limited

Message 58 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you count store cards, macy's, learners new York, and banana Republic.
If you don't count store cards, capital one, discover and American express.
Message 59 of 65
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Social security card
Library card
V-card (lost that in high school)
Bad ump bump !
Seriously it was
jCP (au)
Orchard
Providian

Screwed those and more up and started again 12 years later.

Capital one platinum
First Premier
Credit One

Found MyFico
And corrected the above quickly to

Cap one plat
JCP
Applied Bank
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.