cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will be considered a good CC portfolio?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What will be considered a good CC portfolio?

@DigitalArk wrote:
Does it mean the more accounts the better?

I suspect there's an upper bound to that theory.  I don't have any evidence to back it up but I would suggest that a typical number of cards (think average for consumers is in the 7-8 range) so unscientifically I'd want to be roughly in the 3-12 range from a show a bureaucrat what they're looking to see perspective.

I think a more likely eyebrow and possiblly FICOish issue is probably in the 20+ range, though has been pointed out previously there's someone with 1000+ revolving credit lines who still appears to be getting approved so it "can't be hurting him."  My theory is there's more to life and the credit market than credit card approvals Smiley Happy.

Edit: as others suggest, don't forget the installment loans, 2+ is likely sufficient; however, again anecdotally, student loans don't appear to count nearly as much in some versions of the model (perhaps all, has been reported for auto-enhanced from multiple dealer F&I folks).  Store cards may or may not work similarly as another thread suggests, but they are still counted as revolving tradelines rather than a seperate entry for the mix of credit function.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.