cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen to my friend and AMEX??

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

What will happen to my friend and AMEX??

My friend recently got a Amex Blue credit card with a $5500 limit. I think she got it in July 2008. She has scores around 740 for each CB and pays all her balances in full every month. She has about $125,000 in student loans and a job making $140,000 a year.

2 months after she got her card, she forgot to pay her bill and got a late fee. She called in right away and told them she never got a statement and forgot to pay and they did a payment over the phone for the full amount. They had also taken away her intro APR but she gave them a good story and they let her keep it.

Well everything seems to have been ok so far....she uses the card and pays in full each month on time. She hasn't had CLD or an FR done.

However, she recently opened up 2 new accounts to get discounts at certain stores. Do you think Amex may try and go after her now?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: What will happen to my friend and AMEX??

@Bella1980 wrote:

My friend recently got a Amex Blue credit card with a $5500 limit. I think she got it in July 2008. She has scores around 740 for each CB and pays all her balances in full every month. She has about $125,000 in student loans and a job making $140,000 a year.

2 months after she got her card, she forgot to pay her bill and got a late fee. She called in right away and told them she never got a statement and forgot to pay and they did a payment over the phone for the full amount. They had also taken away her intro APR but she gave them a good story and they let her keep it.

Well everything seems to have been ok so far....she uses the card and pays in full each month on time. She hasn't had CLD or an FR done.

However, she recently opened up 2 new accounts to get discounts at certain stores. Do you think Amex may try and go after her now?

By "go after" do you mean AA? If you mean CLD, which seems to be AMEX's modus operandi these days, it is possible. Many who have thought they were clear have been hit in the post-election round of AA. There really is no telling. All one can do is wait.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 11-17-2008 09:23 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.