Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen?

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

What will happen?

I applied for three store cards that were pre-approved the end of last month. They have yet to post to the CRA. I also never received any inquiries for any of these cards. So my question is this.... When they actually decide to list these accounts on my CR will it hurt or increase my score as none of them have a balance but they all were open within a day of each other? And not having any inquiries and three more accounts listed it seems like it should go up?? Anyone have any experience? The three cards were, Pac Sun, Express and Victoria's Secret. Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: What will happen?

How many cards did you have prior to these?

What balances were you carrying?

What was your average age of accounts prior?

What is the age of your oldest account?

What reports did you check for inquiries?

I assure you, you probably have inquiries for these accounts.  Each inquiry only shows up on the report they pulled, so if you only checked one report, you didn't get the whole story.  Answer these questions and maybe we can give you a guess of what the effect will be on your score.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
bbb925
Regular Contributor

Re: What will happen?

@thrasher865 wrote:

How many cards did you have prior to these?

What balances were you carrying?

What was your average age of accounts prior?

What is the age of your oldest account?

What reports did you check for inquiries?

I assure you, you probably have inquiries for these accounts.  Each inquiry only shows up on the report they pulled, so if you only checked one report, you didn't get the whole story.  Answer these questions and maybe we can give you a guess of what the effect will be on your score.

How many cards did you have prior to these? 3, Home Depot opened 4/2011 8000cl 0 bal, HSBC opened 6/2010 $300cl 0 bal,  NFCU opened 3/2011 $8500.cl 0 bal

What balances were you carrying? PIF 0 balance

What was your average age of accounts prior? 6 years 4 months

What is the age of your oldest account? Student loans first opened in 2004 for a graduate degree, still paying. Auto loan opened 2007 paid off in 3 years instead of 5.

What reports did you check for inquiries? All three, Equifax and TU from myFICO, EXP from freecreditreport.com. They did soft pulls on EXP for each card as they were approved during check-out online, but never a hard on any of the 3. All 3 from same bank too-WFNNB.

I have a mortgage opened 4/2009 as well. I have never had bad credit, just always paid cash so short history as I'm 34 and just applied for cc's in the last year.

Thanks for any help!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.