cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will my Orchard card replacement look like?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

What will my Orchard card replacement look like?

On the http://hellocapitalone.com site they show a picure of a "shiny new capital one" card, in reference to all of us getting replacements for our Orchard Cards.  This is the pic they show:

I wonder if this is a new look, or if we'll get something different?  Will we all get newly designed platinum cards?  Please join me in some baseless speculation.  Whee!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: What will my Orchard card replacement look like?

Looks like that'll be the replacement cc. My DH has the Orchard Bank cc and he can't wait to give it the boot.
Message 2 of 16
doc101
Regular Contributor

Are they replacing all cards ?

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 16
p-
Valued Contributor

09Lexie wrote:  Looks like that'll be the replacement cc. 

Hm.  Very plain.  It will look funny next to my Unicorn.  Good thing they allow customizing.

Message 4 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It also says AUs get their own acct number. Is this new? I'm not an AU so I was wondering
Message 5 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

Perhaps they will let you design your own, like other capital one cards

Message 6 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

In the mailing I got, they said once the account gets migrated over the Capital One account management system, you'll be able to use Image Card and design your own.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@injustifiiable wrote:

In the mailing I got, they said once the account gets migrated over the Capital One account management system, you'll be able to use Image Card and design your own.

That's what I got too.  Was thinking of trying some truly awkward image just for giggles as it never gets trotted out in public these days anyway.

        
Message 8 of 16
p-
Valued Contributor

Revelate wrote:  That's what I got too.  Was thinking of trying some truly awkward image just for giggles as it never gets trotted out in public these days anyway. 

Maybe I can get them to give me the new Quicksilver...

If you need a truly awkward image, use the school logo from Greendale College...

Message 9 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So today DH received his replacement Orchard Bank Plat MC. As he was looking through the paperwork it has the usual, call to activate, destroy HSBC Cards previously issued and you can use your new card now lingo.

What's funny is the new cards is valid 09//013- 08/2017! If, he had not noticed the date discrepancy and simply 'destroyed' his old card- he would not be able to use his new activated card for 2 weeks. Smiley Mad

In the end, it will be resting next to his old Orchard Cc....in the SD. Smiley LOL
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.