cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will the Capital One Increase Be?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: What will the Capital One Increase Be?

@dallasareaguy wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

So, I got my QuickSilver One in October 2014 with a $300 starting line.

3 Month Mark, $100 increase to $400 via CLI button.

6 Month Mark, Credit steps to $750.

Within two days and a call to EO, it was increased to $1500 (which is what I asked for)

Note: With a larger available line, I started putting $2-3k through each month with 1-3 payoffs in full during the month to revive credit line.

6 Months Later, I asked for $5,000 and was given it.

Note: With now a 5k line, I started using the card for anything and everything. Since November 1st, I have put $25,000 through on the card and am currently averaging close to $6k a month in charges and paying $2-3k every two weeks in payments.

6 Months Later will be this upcomcing Monday.... Excited to see if I can get a monster increase. I hear that $3000 is a popular increase amount but someone else got a $7,000 CLI recently... hoping Capital One will give me a huge increase so I can consolidate and close a few balances I have.

Hi there, congratulations on all your success with cap1, they are great with building. my deal close to yours, 9/14, 300>3300>8300 and now 12,300. My first suggestion is to get the world upgrade before the cli, I am sure it is there waiting for you now. I have only used chat. with the world they will transfer you to another dept to finish it up. a week after I got my 12k cli I got a 20k venture. I ran up my QS1 several time to 8k and pif once a statement before my last cli, just saying. lots of swipes and pif. enjoy your new world card and cli!

Thanks, I had forgotten to post above that about a week after they moved me to $5000 on QS1 I did do a PC to World Mastercard. It's a regular Quicksilver now. I'm hoping that since it was product changed it isn't considered a subprime anymore... but I could be wrong.

sorry, long day...its a qs wmc now? if so its not a sub. sounds like you are a go after 6 months for a nice cli. my objective is high limits to decrease utilization and get into the 700s with them all, would love to add a discover but I am going to hold off I think. was hoping for more sl on the freedom. I digress, wish you 7k on monday but I think it will be 3-4k. hope I am wrong. so many factors besides scores but you look like you are in good shape. Rebuilding since 9/2014 – Original TU 602 / $ 300CL | 03/10/16 EX682 TU690 EQ708 – FICO8 | QS WMC 12,300, Venture 20,000, Freedom 6,000

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT: Forgot to quote, but for context - I'm replying to Chris679's post.

Weird, I started with their platinum card around the same time, with a $300 credit limit and had great success getting my credit line increased, and eventually switching it to a Quicksilver.

My wife also had a good experience, starting 20 months ago with a $300 credit limit, she is at $3,600 now and switched to the Quicksilver also. Her credit profile isn't great, her usage on it is solid. We have both been known (in the past) to leave balances on them for decent chunks of time.

Message 12 of 13
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I went from 3,500 to 12,500 in one cli from heavy usage.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.