Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will the call the card after Delta and NWA merger

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What will the call the card after Delta and NWA merger

Sylviatob wrote:
Yes Hauling, but in all probability, it'd be a super sub-prime card, with all the fees and no grace period! LOLOL. Smiley Happy

It would have a CL too small to buy a packed lunch on the plane  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 21 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they could open up a store card to buy the sack lunches. Instant approval for $200 at curbside check in. LOL
Message 22 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
Well, they could open up a store card to buy the sack lunches. Instant approval for $200 at curbside check in. LOL

that one would be service by gemb!
Message 23 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know my NWA miles went directly on my Delta account in July -

I put my Delta Account number in when I bought my ticket-

That is all I know about this discussion-

Message 24 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
I know my NWA miles went directly on my Delta account in July -

I put my Delta Account number in when I bought my ticket-

That is all I know about this discussion-

This is EXACTLY what i'm saying when you book a tickets thru a Sky team alliance partner you can choose were you want to bank the miles if they are SkyTeam alliance on  ANY of their FF programs. My point is once the Miles are banked in ither Skymiles or NWA Worlperks you cannot combine them or use them book reward travel on each others programs. If you use skymiles and there is flight that Delta dosent service OF course they use one of their SKY team members to service you. This could be any airline in Sky Team including Continental, and NWA. People here are saying you can use Skymiles to book NWA flights and NO you cant. Thats why I said it would be exciting if you can merge both accounts NWA and skymiles into one bank. Big X factor is you cannot transfer reward miles form Amex Rewards to NWA but you can trasnfer them to SKy miles. This would be great if the barriers are torn down especially for me, I have allot of Skymiles and NWA miles and If I can merge them I would have a BIG Bank allong with being able to transfer miles form AMEX. Wonderfull!!!!!! I hope this happends.  

Message Edited by ddd on 02-21-2008 06:48 AM
Message 25 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
chedda/ddd

i really don't want to get in the middle of a pi$$ing match, but dw saw the news today about "linking" the ff programs and she scoffed (sp?) and said they are already linked. what that means i don't know. i do know one thing, i've been married long enough to know that since she does it for a living (delta reservations supervisor of some sort) i'm not going to call her on it.

just some info, but really guys i don't have a dog in this fight.

Linked you can say yes but with ALLOT of RED tape. Linked is not combined and the question was can you use skymiles to book NWA tickets. The answer from almost a decade of Freceunt flying NO you cant. You can go on Skymiles and request you're flight IF Delta does not provide thats service they push you to one of their SkyTeam alliance members. You might be flying anyone in SkyTeam including NWA thats only if Delta cannot service the flight you need. Trust me I have fought long to combine both banks if this merger happends they have combine both banks,.

Message 26 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

ddd wrote:

Wrong no you cant, you can only use miles to buy Delta flights if theere happends to be a code share for a particular flight you might be in an NWA flight. But you cannot book a NWA flight with skymiles or vise versa.

This is simply not true.  From the Delta Skymiles website:

Award & Upgrade Mileage Charts

You can redeem your miles for travel on Delta and a variety of airline partners. The award mileage charts provide minimum mileage requirements based on geographical region, providing you use the awards available from your area. Use them to check the minimum number of miles needed to redeem an award.

Check out the first sentence.

Here's the list of airlines you can use your Delta Skymiles on:

• Delta
  • Aeroflot
  • Aeromexico
  • AirEuropa
  • Air France
  • Alaska Airlines
  • Alitalia
  • Avianca
  • China Southern
  • Continental Airlines
  • Copa Airlines
  • CSA Czech Airlines
  • KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • Kenya Airways
  • Korean Air
  • Northwest Airlines
  • China Airlines
  • El Al Israel Airlines
  • Singapore Airlines
    •  

You got to love when someone with ZERO expeince in FF programs thries to tell the rest of us how they work. I have been FF for 6-7 years I have Continental with 45000 miles Skymiles 23000 and NWA with 45000 I know how to use these programs.
      Message 27 of 53
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn! Ok already.
      Message 28 of 53
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

kaeina wrote:
      Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn! Ok already.

LOL!!!!! I'm Done Smiley Very Happy
      Message 29 of 53
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

Yup, there are plenty of websites and blogs about getting the most out of FF programs, plus how to get yourself bumped off a flight to get a free flight, etc.  Let's get back to the business of credit cards.
      Message 30 of 53
      Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.