cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will you replace your Synchrony cards with..?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What will you replace your Synchrony cards with..?

I missed out on the Synch issue. Can someone give me a quick highlight of what happened?
Message 11 of 28
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

More Sync Cards Smiley Surprised Joking I only have one (Wally's for 3K ) 

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

For those who are going through this recent issue, it is a good question. In my case, I'm keeping an eye on what's happening, but I'm not even thinking about it, and won't, until or if something does happen.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 28
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I still have a couple of Synchrony cards, but they were replaced a long time ago and have been kept open simply because it doesn't cost me anything. I do have an Amazon Prime Store card as well that I do use, but it is disposable as well with several options still offering 5% back from Amazon (U.S. Bank Cash+, partially with Discover IT).

Interestingly, the Discover IT card can actually directly replace a large number of Synchrony store cards due to the Discover Deals portal, assuming one shops online. JCP, Walmart, GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Sam's Club, and more are all 5% back from Discover. Additionally, the Cash+ covers a respectable number of department and clothing stores as well with its 5% categories. These two cards can easily replace a number of store credit cards if an individual can qualify for them. 

So that is another reason (among others) I wouldn't feel inclined to comply with a 4506T request from Synchrony. None of their cards are worth it nor necessary in my case.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I missed out on the Synch issue. Can someone give me a quick highlight of what happened?

Here is some information that will be helpful to you:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankfully I haven't had issues with my sync cards yet.

I don't think I'd replace them with anything
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Replace cards??? I hope replace, I mean by using different cards for spend. Pretty sure apping and asking for cli's is the cause of AA in the first place.
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several creative ideas for what to do with frozen or closed Synchrony cards Smiley Happy

http://www.networx.com/article/10-clever-uses-for-expired-credit-cards

Fido may really enjoy munching on that useless Darth Vader Marvel card.

msg-134885886565.jpg

Since mom will no longer be visiting Banana Republic with her frozen Synchrony card, perhaps Suzy will enjoy teething on it to relieve her sore gums.

art_50c7b631afe64.jpeg

These new 3-D glasses that I made from my frozen Sam's Club card are really amazing.

credit-card-funny-2.jpg

Can't use my frozen Toys R' Us credit card any longer, but it sure makes a cool remote-controlled car.

b087450880b72b4b25524f7c0fae7f8c.jpg

Unbelievable how I got stranded in Pocatello, Idaho when Synchrony shut off my Chevron Gas card.

At least I can use it to scrape the ice off my windshield while I stand here freezing.

winter-life-hacks15.jpg

Message 18 of 28
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

If it happens probably wait 6 months and get Citi Prestige, some other contenders for me are Citi TYP, Amex BCP, Penfed Promise... Need a travel card mainly and another general spend card Smiley Happy!
Message 19 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

A big hug from Olaf!!Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.