What would happen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would happen?

@CC365 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

the exce office rep said i am allowed to close Slate and make monthly payments on it and open freedom? what effect would it be on my reports

Wait, I thought you decided you were going to keep your Slate and wait a year for the Freedom so you can get in with a better limit?

Did you ACTUALLY BELIEVE him! After all this is APPBAR were talking about... He is about as determined as LS. Come to think of it I should place a few bets on him and LS combined. Smiley Very Happy

Ha, I guess I did sadly.  I am relatively new here, so I'm just learning.  I have noticed that he and LS apply for something new at least once a week, I get that.  I just figured this wasn't really an approval to have to close the Slate and get an equal limit Freedom, so he wouldn't go for it.  Seems like a lose lose to me.  You get a lower AAoA, higher utilization probably for a bit, and the same limit.  None of that is worth the 1% rewards you would get for the next year.

This is coming from a person who applied for like 7 different cards earlier this month, ha.

Message 11 of 20
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Hey afbar i am not knocking you here. You are an adult and can make whatever credit decisions you want to.

Having said that, i think you need to get a dog.
Message 12 of 20
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Chris123nTx wrote:

Only if there is an app for it.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 13 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

the exce office rep said i am allowed to close Slate and make monthly payments on it and open freedom? what effect would it be on my reports

Wait, I thought you decided you were going to keep your Slate and wait a year for the Freedom so you can get in with a better limit?

Did you ACTUALLY BELIEVE him! After all this is APPBAR were talking about... He is about as determined as LS. Come to think of it I should place a few bets on him and LS combined. Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 20
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

wait un till i call back tomorrow and tell them i decline the offer because BoA gaveme a card with a $800 CL....maybe they will be like ok sir we will give you freedom now lol i wish 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 15 of 20
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

Ok.  This post is a winner.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

LOL.  He needs to adopt from a local shelter then.  I had to apply for each of the 3 pets I have adopted in the past.  Back then, it was the only app I was ever approved for!

Message 17 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

LOL.  He needs to adopt from a local shelter then.  I had to apply for each of the 3 pets I have adopted in the past.  Back then, it was the only app I was ever approved for!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 20
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I thought we were going to app for library cards? And then you could check out financial advice books about the dangers of excessive credit card applications.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 19 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

I thought we were going to app for library cards? And then you could check out financial advice books about the dangers of excessive credit card applications.

+1

(I need to do this too)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.