Did you mean: 

What would you do with this????

tag
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

What would you do with this????

Hello Everyone,
I am new/this is my first post.

I have been lurking here for quite awhile and learned a great deal.  Thanks you very, very much, sincerely. This is an invaluable resource!

Beginning Scores: 
MyFicoSmiley SadEx 535), (Eq 565), and (TU 609)
Current Scores:
CK(TU 679) CK(EQ 717)& (Experian 761, from Protect MyID site),

I currently have
Target (2 years) CL= $200/0
Cap One (1yr, 5 months) $4800/$1500 (started in CS grew really fast)
J. Crew (1 year) CL= 2000/0
USAir Dividend Miles (6 Month in March 2015) $3000/$1600
Wells Fargo Visa: (2 years) $1300/ $202
Sportsman Guide Visa (6 Months in March 2015) $2000/$408
Discover It Secured: (1year in March 2015) $1000/0
Total Rewards pop-up haven’t received it yet, don’t think I will keep it (CL$1000)

I00% on time payments on all of these accounts.

I have two CO's that will fall off (one this month, the other in March)

I checked Capital one pre approval site today and it said I was pre-approved for Venture Rewards and Quicksilver Visa Signature.

I want either of these and/or  an AMEX, not sure which.

Questions:  

Any advice on where to go from here as far as building a better  credit profile. Want to buy a house in about 2 years 

What would you do with this profile?

Should I get rid of any of the Comenity cards?

I am thinking I should stay put for at least  3-6mos?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: What would you do with this????

Wait until your COs fall off.  Apply for the cards that best benefit you based on your spend patterns and travel.

Keep the cards open if they don't have AF.  I generally let accounts age 2 years before I close them.  They are positive and helping your util.

Venture seems to be handing out high CLIs to people with median profiles with past payment transgressions and high incomes.

Message 2 of 15
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

Thanks Involver... I appreciate your response.   Definitely waiting for the CO's to fall. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started applying for stuff again when my C/Os reached 6yr+ mark. Scores were on average 35pts lower than you see now.
Message 4 of 15
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

@Nixon,You have some nice cards in your profile. That CSP is another i'm interested in.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Smiley Happy

There's a thread floating around in approvals about my apps and what bureau they pulled.
Message 6 of 15
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I will definitely look for it, that will be helpful to me for sure. 

Message 7 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@RandomSpirit wrote:

I have two CO's that will fall off (one this month, the other in March)

Are those your only derogs?

@RandomSpirit wrote:

I checked Capital one pre approval site today and it said I was pre-approved for Venture Rewards and Quicksilver Visa Signature.

I want either of these and/or  an AMEX, not sure which.

Selecting cards is always about determining what suits the individual best.  Don't let preapps and offers determine what you apply for.  What are you specifically looking for in a card?  Why have you narrowed it down to these CO cards and an AmEx?  AmEx offers a varierty of cards.  We need your criteria to narrow down the options.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandomSpirit wrote:

@Anonymous,You have some nice cards in your profile. That CSP is another i'm interested in.  Smiley Happy

Yeah but he's the Nixon.  He knows how to get em on the phone, when they won't play.

Message 9 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Protect my ID scores are fake, so there could be a significant variance to your actual Fico scores.

I agree with takeshi, don't let pre approvals dictate what cards you get. BoA and Chase may not have a preapproval for you but they have the ability to overturn a computer application decision with a good explanation of your negatives. So figure out what rewards you really want first.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.