Contributor
rbizzle

What would you do?

Hey guys need some advice!

I have a Chase Slate Visa with a $1,000 CL  It is officially a year old this month.  But since the slate has no reward structure what so ever and I haven't used it in maybe 4 months. What should I do with it?  I already have a Chase Freedom Visa with a 3k line and a Chase Sapphire Preferred with a 5k line.  I was thinking of trying to PC it to a Freedom Mastercard so that way I could keep the history of the card but also have another Mastercard in my line up.  But then I was like well maybe i could just move the 1k line over to my freedom and close it out entirely.  I'm unsure of what to do.  Help!!

Thanks Guys!! As always you guys rock!

Established Contributor
jamie123

Re: What would you do?

I would suggest getting another card first, then transfer the CL if possible or close it. You need 3 credit cards to maximize your scores and it wouldn't hurt to diversify by having a card with a different bank.

Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 700 10/12/14 - EX 687 7/21/14 - TU 682 7/21/14
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

rbizzle wrote:

Hey guys need some advice!

I have a Chase Slate Visa with a $1,000 CL  It is officially a year old this month.  But since the slate has no reward structure what so ever and I haven't used it in maybe 4 months. What should I do with it?  I already have a Chase Freedom Visa with a 3k line and a Chase Sapphire Preferred with a 5k line.  I was thinking of trying to PC it to a Freedom Mastercard so that way I could keep the history of the card but also have another Mastercard in my line up.  But then I was like well maybe i could just move the 1k line over to my freedom and close it out entirely.  I'm unsure of what to do.  Help!!

Thanks Guys!! As always you guys rock!

You can ask to convert it to a card such as the BP VISA, Marriot, Amazon, Zappos....    

That's where I would go with the card... if they can't convert it then you can definately close it and try to transfer the limit to your Freedom

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

+1

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Credit314 wrote:

+1

Is there a Chase card that you are in favor of Credit314? We would love to know your thoughts regarding this; since you agree that a PC is a good idea. Do you carry a Chase card?

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}