Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

What would you do?

So as you guys all know i got accepted for the PRG card as my 3rd American express card and i am so happy about it.. but the thing is i have 2 delta cards... I was wondering since i dont really need 2 delta branded cards what would you do in a situation like this? I think these are my only options.

1. Reallocate the credit from my gold card to my delta reserve and cancel the gold card as a whole. If i did this would it be better for me in the longrun credit wise? I was just wondering because i would have like a 9k credit line if i did that... and would my AAOA go down?

or....

2. Should i wait and PC it to the BCP in a year or so if i can even do that?

Thanks so much!!

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What would you do?

@Gornet wrote:

would my AAOA go down?

There's a sticky for that:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

Short answer is not immediately.

@Gornet wrote:

Should i wait and PC it to the BCP in a year or so if i can even do that?

You'd keep available credit age (though you always get backdating on new cards with AmEx anyway) and you'd have a product that seems like it would actually be useful to you.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What would you do?

Seems very hard to get Amex to move CL's these days so I would just leave them both open until 1 year mark and try for PC when you see AF, they will credit back the AF and product change to who knows what card options at that point.

Just be sure to get your 3x CLI at 61 days and then 6 months before the year too.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.