Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
rbizzle
Contributor

What would you do?

Hey guys need some advice!

I have a Chase Slate Visa with a $1,000 CL  It is officially a year old this month.  But since the slate has no reward structure what so ever and I haven't used it in maybe 4 months. What should I do with it?  I already have a Chase Freedom Visa with a 3k line and a Chase Sapphire Preferred with a 5k line.  I was thinking of trying to PC it to a Freedom Mastercard so that way I could keep the history of the card but also have another Mastercard in my line up.  But then I was like well maybe i could just move the 1k line over to my freedom and close it out entirely.  I'm unsure of what to do.  Help!!

Thanks Guys!! As always you guys rock!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: What would you do?

I would suggest getting another card first, then transfer the CL if possible or close it. You need 3 credit cards to maximize your scores and it wouldn't hurt to diversify by having a card with a different bank.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rbizzle wrote:

Hey guys need some advice!

I have a Chase Slate Visa with a $1,000 CL  It is officially a year old this month.  But since the slate has no reward structure what so ever and I haven't used it in maybe 4 months. What should I do with it?  I already have a Chase Freedom Visa with a 3k line and a Chase Sapphire Preferred with a 5k line.  I was thinking of trying to PC it to a Freedom Mastercard so that way I could keep the history of the card but also have another Mastercard in my line up.  But then I was like well maybe i could just move the 1k line over to my freedom and close it out entirely.  I'm unsure of what to do.  Help!!

Thanks Guys!! As always you guys rock!

You can ask to convert it to a card such as the BP VISA, Marriot, Amazon, Zappos....    

That's where I would go with the card... if they can't convert it then you can definately close it and try to transfer the limit to your Freedom

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 4 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit314 wrote:

+1

Is there a Chase card that you are in favor of Credit314? We would love to know your thoughts regarding this; since you agree that a PC is a good idea. Do you carry a Chase card?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.