Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What year around rewards should be offered by all Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What year around rewards should be offered by all Credit Cards

I believe the best year around rewards should be a minimum of 5% for both gas and groceries.

Update: emphasis on "offered by ALL CREDIT CARDS?"

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: What year around rewards should be offered by all Credit Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe the best year around rewards should be a minimum of 5% for both gas and groceries.

There is an card that sort of does that already if you spend less than 250 per month on each. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is an card that sort of does that already if you spend less than 250 per month on each. 

And another if you spend $6.5K a year on anything else

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I understand SallieMae has 5% year around. My question is "what should be offered BY ALL CARDS??"

Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I understand SallieMae has 5% year around. My question is "what should be offered BY ALL CARDS??"

Right, but what does that even mean?   I think all cards should offer 150% cashback on everything all the time.  But I won't hold my breath waiting for issuers to see it my way.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you sign up for a card that came with a minimum $10,000 CL, gave 25% cashback $0-$300 on gas/groceries/utilities/restaurants/travel and 5% cashback from $300-$600 Monthly then/and 1% on everything else.

Heres the catch......It has an annual fee of $480, not waived the first year, no intro APR and purchase APR of 59.99%, Cash advance APR of 99.99%, BT APR same as purchases. Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Would you sign up for a card that came with a minimum $10,000 CL, gave 25% cashback $0-$300 on gas/groceries/utilities/restaurants/travel and 5% cashback from $300-$600 Monthly then/and 1% on everything else.

Heres the catch......It has an annual fee of $480, not waived the first year, no intro APR and purchase APR of 59.99%, Cash advance APR of 99.99%, BT APR same as purchases. Smiley Very Happy

So assuming you max out to $600 each month (which isn't all that hard given the categories), you would make $1080 in cashback, leaving $600 profit.  So maybe, depending what else there is.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.