Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What you think. Chase , Amex ,Citi , Bank of America ,GECRB

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

What you think. Chase , Amex ,Citi , Bank of America ,GECRB

I wanted to get some feedback about the best experience with any of this lenders.
Just type the lender and the Credit limit total limit for that particular lender you have great experience with.

This will help others that are new here to make more informed decision when applying for credit.Thanks for the input

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
PSouz
Contributor

Re: What you think. Chase , Amex ,Citi , Bank of America ,GECRB

starting with a zync in april 2011, got me a 7600 credit limit when i apped for bce in january and my 61 day cli got me 14k, by far the highest limit, and I really do think it is because I had the good history with them using my zync a lot and no lates.hopefully in 6 months ill get my cl on that card over 20k when i can apply for another cli.

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 2 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

For my personal cards, Chase and Amex far and away have given me the highest CLs.  

1.  Chase CSP is $42.5K (they consolidated the CL into my CSP when I closed my UA Explorer).

2.  Have a higher total line with Amex, but single card CL is highest with SPG at $25K.

Citi, US Bank, BofA, Discover and Barclays are all very reticent to give me CLs beyond $10 or $15K (aggregate).  Barclay won't issue me with anything above $5K, but never asked for a CL; Citi only issued me $7.5K (again, never asked for CLI).

Message 3 of 10
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

BOA gave me a 3x auto CLI taking my 123 Cash Rewards card from $500 to $2,000.

I've had the card for 9 months always PIF and never let more than 10% util report. Has been a great card!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 10
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Somewhat unusual I gather, but my highest credit line, $30K, is from Capital One.   I also had an AA card from Citi for $30K (which I closed before I knew about asking for CL transfers) because of the annual fee.

But it really seems to vary.  My lowest credit line is from Citi (on the Forward card) who gave me $7K in Jan, but I just get the TYP two months later with a $15K line.

But before Citi, when all my recent lines were $15k and above (the Amalgamated Bank card is from 1990 so doesn't count!), Barclays surprised me by giving me a 4.7K limit, which was my lowest in 25 years.   They gave me an auto CLI later, but still appear very conservative in CLs.

Message 5 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

But before Citi, when all my recent lines were $15k and above (the Amalgamated Bank card is from 1990 so doesn't count!), Barclays surprised me by giving me a 4.7K limit, which was my lowest in 25 years.   They gave me an auto CLI later, but still appear very conservative in CLs.

Interesting, maybe they put us in the same CR bucket?  High CLs from some issuers, but low initial ones from Barclays and Citi.  

Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

GECRB is by far my best creditor. 35K in lines, always good on CLI's. Upgraded a store account earlier this year.

I'm definitely satisfied!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Interesting, maybe they put us in the same CR bucket?  High CLs from some issuers, but low initial ones from Barclays and Citi.  

Seems to be some mix of factors, because my first card from Citi (~8 years ago) was the AA MC, with a $30K CL, and I got (and later cancelled) the US Airways from Barclays around 2010 with 18K.   Now the Citi one was pre-credit crunch of course, so that might explain it, but nothing much happened to my scores between the US Airways and Barclays Reward app.  I wonder if that is an affiliate vs non-affiliate issue.

Message 8 of 10
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:
I wanted to get some feedback about what is the best experience with any of this lenders
Just type the lender and the Credit limit total limit for that particular lender you have great experience with.

This will help others that are new here to make more informed decision when applying for credit.Thanks for the input

BofA:  total CL $19.4k (over 2 cards, visa gold initial CL $4k, auto CLI's to $9.4k.  Cash Rewards visa sig initial CL $10k)

Chase Freedom MC $10k (initial CL$ 4.6k, auto CLI to $6k; CLI per request to $10k)

Message 9 of 10
danielodonoll
New Contributor

For me its been GE by the way 80k in 4 cards in 6 months and all the cli have been with soft pull

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.