cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats a good card to apply for?

tag
kobebean8

Whats a good card to apply for?

Looking to add a revolving account other than my Fingerhut & auto loan. I currently have 7 late payments from last year reporting on my Credit reports, I havent had a late payment in over a year. My score according to lending club is 633. My limit on fingerhut is 850 of which 210 is reporting. Any advice?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Whats a good card to apply for?

@kobebean8 wrote:

Looking to add a revolving account other than my Fingerhut & auto loan. I currently have 7 late payments from last year reporting on my Credit reports, I havent had a late payment in over a year. My score according to lending club is 633. My limit on fingerhut is 850 of which 210 is reporting. Any advice?

Cap 1.

Message 2 of 17
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Your seven late payments in a year isn't going to help. You might have to look into secure cards. Have you tried a local credit Union?

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 3 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

The best thing for you to do is go to the rebuilding forum and see what you can do about your lates. The chances of getting any cards are slim until the lates age more. You could try getting a secured card from BoA that will unsecure after a year.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@kobebean8 wrote:

with the lates it will be hard to get any card other than the sub- prime cards

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 17
Josh2942
Established Contributor

With those lates your score really does not matter because they are so recent. Just pay those finger hut purchases
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 6 of 17
fot1
Established Contributor

You're probably not gonna get a "good" card right now..  Best bet would be to get another card to help you rebuilkd and then next year be in a spot for a good card next year or so.. Secured cards are good if you have the chunk of money to put down... if not then CAP 1 has a steps program that isn't terrible, Credit unions would be another spot to check.. Past that you can look at dept store cards which tend to be easier to get then look at the  Credit one/ first Premerie cards. Those cards get dumped on a lot on this boards but if you use them  just to rebuild and not actuall charge on they are ok..

Too many to list..
Message 7 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Check capital one pre-qual and see if you get offer for unsecured.

Message 8 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Check capital one pre-qual and see if you get offer for unsecured.

+1

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Capital One Platinum may be your best route to go. I would stay away from CreditOne if you can.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.