Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats in your... sock drawer?

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: Whats in your... sock drawer?

Discover, Wells Fargo Visa, United Explorer Visa (I have the United Club Visa now but I may go back to the Explorer), Amazon store card

Message 21 of 38
shakalaka
Established Contributor

My CapOne Newcomers ... has no AF and was my first card in the USA. Keep it for the time being.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 22 of 38
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

All of the cards in my siggy have specific roles to fill and thus see active usage, with the exception of Kay Jeweler's. That one does, indeed, sit in my SD. I got it during my rebuild to boost my util. But I only use it about once or twice a year; last year it came out to buy a watch battery and a present for my DD. Since it has no fee, I'll keep it open so long as I can find some use for it on the rare occassion.

As far as my personal use goes, there are two cards in the list that don't stay in my wallet, but in those of other family members who are AUs. My DH has the WF card as his high limit card, and my DD has the Cap1 card with the small limit. My copies of those cards are also in the SD, but I actively monitor the accounts.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 38
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

NFCU NRewards Master Card - I have a $24.95 subscription that gets charged to it monthly, but I don't carry the card.

Citi TY Preferred - Just got it, but I do not carry it. Another one with a montly subscription on it (iPad) data plan.

Walmart

American Eagle

American Signature

Abercrombie and Fitch

Shop NBC

Barclays Apple

Amex Zync

Amex Corporate Card - Until I start traveling again for the job in a few weeks.

Dillards

Discover More - Have a montly subscription on that one too. Stopped using the card last month for gas.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 38
negg
Frequent Contributor

Orchard bank

Barclays(use them for 0% transfer only)

ASB(local bank that after 3 years refuses to unsecure me) 

BoA.(just went in Monday)

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 25 of 38
p-
Valued Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

So, whats in YOUR sock drawer? 

The only ones socked right now are the two retail cards.  Sears, because the limit is such a joke, and Penneys because it's not back to school shopping time.  

The rest of the cards see some use;  My wife uses the USAA Visa for her reimburseable work expenses, and runs her personal spening through the Cap1 cash.  I rotate between the Zync, USAA Amex, and Chase depending on statement date, and have auto payments for things like TV and gym on the Orchard.

I decided a while back that I would aggressively pursue PC and CLI until all of my cards were useable.

Message 26 of 38
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

FSU CU MasterCard

Walmart Store

Citi Forward

AMEX Zync

Chase Freedom

Soon-to-be: Discover IT...I'm just using it now because it's "new," but with the joke of a limit it has, it's going in the SD after the next statement cuts.

Will probably put the Citi Dividend in the SD once my new Cap1 gets here...I mainly have it in my wallet because it's my only MasterCard with a decent limit, but I'll probably start alternating between it and the Cap1 card since they finally decided to stop treating me like a kid. I just have it for the sake of having a MC, just in case.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 38
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Technically, I only carry cards right after the bill cuts.  Then, I put those up when my next group of cards issue their statements.  The Kroger 123 rewards card is the only card I will probably never use again in my life.  It has a fantastic balance transfer offer, so I do use it for that.  But, it will never again see the inside of my wallet.

I haven't carried my Citi Forward because I'm taking advantage of the 0 percent introductory rate and I need to pay if off before I use it anymore.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 28 of 38
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

FSU CU MasterCard

Walmart Store

Citi Forward

AMEX Zync

Chase Freedom

Soon-to-be: Discover IT...I'm just using it now because it's "new," but with the joke of a limit it has, it's going in the SD after the next statement cuts.

Will probably put the Citi Dividend in the SD once my new Cap1 gets here...I mainly have it in my wallet because it's my only MasterCard with a decent limit, but I'll probably start alternating between it and the Cap1 card since they finally decided to stop treating me like a kid. I just have it for the sake of having a MC, just in case.

I have heard with the DIscover card that it will increase nicely with usage.  Being new with them I charged $790 to the card and then paid it off a few weeks later, but this is just the first month of having the card, so no real personal knowledge of it's habits yet.  I am going to use it though to make sure I have the best possibility of getting a good limit with them.  I like their rewards and I actually kinda like the fact that I have a Discover card after all.  Maybe one day it will hit the sock drawer when I have much better cards.  But for now it is that card and the Freedom card mostly for me.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 29 of 38
p-
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

CapOne Platinum.  I really should cancel this card because it is useless.

You should PC it to something better.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.